Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2010

    Question How to Move Out So I Can Get Emancipated

    My question involves emancipation laws for the State of: Washington

    Since i cannot be emancipated unless i live on my own, how would i go about renting an apartment when i am around 16 years old? Is it legal In my state and if so do i need parent consent

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Somewhere near Canada

    Default Re: Help

    I live in WA state. I don't know a single landlord who would rent to a 16 year old.

    And yes, you'd need parental consent to leave home.
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

    Do not microwave grapes

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Default Re: Help

    And the reason that no one will rent to a 16 year-old is that, as a minor, you cannot legally enter into a contract. Well, that's one reason, but it's a big one.

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Emancipation: Getting Emancipated to Move In With Friends
    By jennak in forum Juvenile Law
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-29-2009, 06:05 PM
  2. Emancipation: Can I Move Out Now, or Do I Need to Get Emancipated First
    By Adrianna in forum Juvenile Law
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-18-2009, 07:07 AM
  3. Emancipation: Do I Have to Move Out to Be Emancipated
    By Julie92 in forum Juvenile Law
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-26-2009, 08:43 AM
  4. Emancipation: Can You Move Out Of State After Being Emancipated
    By ismael in forum Juvenile Law
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-13-2007, 03:00 PM
  5. Emancipation: Can I Move Out Without Being Emancipated
    By AnnieRuth in forum Juvenile Law
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-20-2007, 07:53 PM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources

Forum Sponsor
Legal Forms - Buy easy-to-use legal forms.