Default How to Figure Unemployment Formula

does anyone know how they figure what you receive money wise.do they take all pay weeks by the gross you make each week for 52 weeks and then devide it for that calender year??????and thats what your paid weekly????

Exclamation Re: How to Figure Unemployment Formula

Oh please tell me that you are not trying to collect UI for the job where you were paid under the table...

Default Re: How to Figure Unemployment Formula

The formula VARIES BY STATE

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    The formula VARIES BY STATE
    Which is a not so subtle way of saying, since you did not list your state as requested when you started your thread, we cannot help you.

But I will say that, if you were an employee (which 525601minutes appears to be questioning), it won't even be CLOSE to that. Even on a good day, try, like half.

first of all not all questions asked always mean they are asked by the actual individual with the problem.i live in a community where many freinds are effected by employer scams,and various problems they are having with unemployment.i am an avenue for some people without pc s.and for the record iam older and have not been employed.so shame on you for jumping the gun.i believed this was a forum to help people with problems.and with this economey i happen to know alot.

My condolences to those who have no avenue to get help other than to ask you. Your original question shows a major lack of understanding in how UI works. Presumably, the community in which you live is situated in some state which you could identify if you chose to. Your last post (#5 in this thread as a write this) shows an incredible lack of ability to express your thoughts, poor English, poor spelling and rudeness.

If you are truly interested in getting useful information for others, you should get the facts straight and formulate your questions so that someone can actually provide a useful answer. However, methinks I smell a troll.

Thumbs down Re: How to Figure Unemployment Formula

Quote Quoting ebonee
    View Post
    does anyone know how they figure what you receive money wise.do they take all pay weeks by the gross you make each week for 52 weeks and then devide it for that calender year??????and thats what your paid weekly????
    Okay - I will play.
    Yes - I know how to figure what you receive.
    No - they don't take all pay weeks gross and divide that by 52.

Glad I could answer specifically what was asked without taking an interest in getting all of the facts first.

I do not know what formula Ohio uses.

In my state, which is not Ohio, they tell you to look at the average of your weekly salary, and expect to receive approximately one half of that.

My state has one of the most generous UI formulas in the country, so expect to receive something less than half of the average of your weekly salary for the base period.

You may "know a lot" - it would appear that you do not know how to spell or use correct grammar. You also do not seem to know that the employer does not determine what your unemployment rate is, or whether or not you get unemployment benefits.

1. Sponsored Links