Default New Lease Special Not Offered to Tenant Renewing a Lease

I live in Texas.

Im a college student trying to find a new place to live next year. I currently live at an apartment complex near my campus. I was looking at signing up again for next year here. But I came across some problems.

When I told the front leasing office that I wanted to signup again for next year, they told me 'technically' their renewal period ended in February. But they were willing to make an exception and let me renew. But I might have to move apartments.

On their website, they offer $500 off August rent, waive the admin and application fee, as well include a free TV. When I told them that I saw that, they told me that the special on their website was only for signing a NEW lease, the 'renewal' offers ended long ago.

...so what's the difference between a renewal and a signing a new lease? I might have to move buildings/rooms anyways, I'm not getting the same prices even if I renew (goes up 50.00), and it's technically a new lease since it's not the same. I asked the student worker (not manager) if I can just let me current lease end, then signup again. Then she said she thinks that there is a clause in the lease agreement that prevents that. I looked through my lease an didn't find anything.

Am I in the right to request those offers that new leasers get?

Here is my lease if anyone is curious: http://bit.ly/cX1aJB

Default Re: New Lease Special Not Offered to Tenant Renewing a Lease

There's no law that says all tenants need to be offered the same deal, or the same rate of rent. There's no law that says an existing tenant must be offered the deals that are offered to new tenants.

There's no law saying I can't leave when my lease ends then sign up again with those new offers too (since I technically moved out for a month), right?

You can certainly try.

1. Sponsored Links