Default Interview - Eligibility for Unemployment Benefits

My question involves unemployment benefits for the state of: Illinois

I was working for a mid-size company as a full-time employee. My manager told me that we are going out of budget. I was told by HR that company is letting me go and gave me the separation agreement document. HR also gave me to UI benefit information. So, I filed for UI and mentioned the reason that I am laid-off.
    Now I got notice from Dept of security mentions that A question has been raised regarding my eligibility for UI benefits. To resolve this question it will be necessary for you to be interviewed and supply information regarding your discharge for misconduct connected with work. Section 602A of the IL UI Act applies to your eligibility in this case. The interview is requested because THE EMPLOYER STATES THAT YOU WERE DISCHARGED FROM YOUR JOB.

What do I expect in this interview? What kind of questions would they ask? Am I not eligible for the UI benefits?

Thanks

Default Re: Interview - Eligibility for Unemployment Benefits

We have no idea whether you will be approved. You will tell you what the employer told you and the employer tries to show that their reason is valid. If they hadn't told you about whatever they'll deeming misconduct, you had no warnings or write-ups, your chances are better than even.

1. Sponsored Links