Default Contesting a Failure to Stop Ticket

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: According to the officer i was cited for not stopping on the stop sign. I would like to contest the ticket because i believe the officer cited me incorrectly. I was driving 10-15mph at 25mph zone and stop at stop sign (1st stop sign) and proceed 160 meter to the 2nd stop sign while the cop is behind me. after stopping at the 2nd stop sign, i have to move forward because the distance of the stop sign from actual intersection is 72" away. After rolling to the intersection and made sure no cars are passing i then proceed in turning LH turn and before i knew it the cops requested for me to pull over. The 1st officer informed me that i didn't stop too long at the stop sign and requested my DI and Ins Card. Then the 2nd officer handed me a ticket and when i asked him how many seconds i suppose to stop, he claim i didn't stop at all. The ticket state that i did not stop at the 1st stop sign and running 10mph. Can I argue the fact they waited for me to go to 2nd stop sign which i believe that the citation should have been because even though i stop at the stop sign i did not stop at actual intersection. please help.

Default Re: Contesting a Failure to Stop Ticket

So we're talking about two separate intersections, with the officers stating that you failed to come to a complete stop at the first? And your "defense" is that you think they should have pulled you over before you reached the stop sign at the next intersection?

Default Re: Contesting a Failure to Stop Ticket

yes. is this claim sufficient enough to have my citation dismiss?

1. Sponsored Links