Hybrid View

Default Foreclosure or Short Sale

My question involves real estate located in the State of: WA Just went thru Divorce, the house was awarded to me. She currently lives in it. I have 2 mortgages on it. I was told that I have 1 yr to fix it and have it sold, it is in disrepair, flooring has been pulled up in rooms, bathroom was remodeled as well as kitchen but it was not kept up. I will only have $18 a month to spend on fixing it up, paying lawyers etc, I just want to get out from underneath it once she moves out. Should I just let it go to foreclosure? I am 2 months behind on the second mortgage and have always been up to date on the first mortgage. I owe approximately $160,000 for both mortgages. Or should I just do a short sale, which if I understand it correctly will still leave me with payments to make. Any ideas are appreciated!!

Default Re: Foreclosure or Short Sale

depending on how the short sale is arranged, it could relieve you from the debt or not.

Unless your ex has signed off on the house and has somehow been removed from the mortgages, you will need her agreement to do anything concerning title or mortgages.

Depending on the situation and what your divorce decree requires, if you allow a foreclosure or even a short sale, the ex may have an action against you.

1. Sponsored Links