Exclamation Evicting My Ex Who Never Paid Rent, Isn't on My Lease and Was Never Invited

My question involves a roommate in the State of: California

My ex slowly moved himself into my apartment while I was out of town and is now receiving his mail at my place. Apart from giving my address out as his own and physically being inside my place full time, he has no right to be here. I have asked him to leave on countless occasions, both in written and orally with witnesses. I felt sorry for him and had cut him some slack thinking he would get back on his feet soon. But it's been over 6 months and I am so miserable at home that I spend most nights at a friend's or even at work. I explained that although I didn't want to have to go through the process of evicting him, I have reached the point where I am fully prepared to if that's what it takes.

I have read similar threads that simply state that the 30 day eviction process is the only solution to my problem. My question is what exactly does that entail? Every search I make refers to landlord/tenant procedure. Since I'm not the landlord and he certainly isn't the tenant, do the same rules apply?

Again, just a quick summary: my ex moved in uninvited over 6 months ago, hasn't paid a dime towards anything, isn't on my lease, receives mail at my place, has been asked to leave repeatedly and refuses, knows I plan on evicting him and intends to make that as difficult as possible for me.

Any quick step by step guide would be greatly appreciated. I am really losing my mind. Thanks in advance.

Officially across the country from where I've been all my life

Default Re: Evicting My Ex Who Never Paid Rent, Isn't on My Lease and Was Never Invited

1. Sponsored Links