Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Attempted Assault

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Viriginia

Hi, I have got call from police station yesterday, I went there and there is a detective police officer who interrogated me for 30 min. officer took my details and start asking questions
    Officer: the case is about misbehaving with a woman she complains on you. It happened in April. If you donít like to answer you can walk at any time your free.
    Me: shocked, I never been to anyone house for parties or for any other issues even donít know who that women is I donít have any Americans friends who invited me to the parties
    Officer: she told me she had a scratch on her hands.
    Me: For sure I donít know who she is and then why she gave my name and number how she got that.
    Officer: I donít
    Me: Iím still worried why she want me to put in this situation, I asked officer does she gets any benefit from me if she put such kind of allegations on me, like any money benefits or insurance courageous.
    Officer: might be.
    Me: where it happened why she complained now if it happened in April. Did she said any identity marks.
    Officer: Fairfax, she said brown skin and one left over shoe. Did you lost any shoe by chance can I see you shoe size.
    Me: my shoe are with me I showed him the shoe size.
    Officer: if you donít mind can I take your DNA passport pic and photo of yours.
    Me: ya sure officer took my saliva.
    Officer: thatís it for now, if we have a question we will call you or meet you, thank you.
    Me: ya sure, thank you.

My question's are
    at present what is my situtation? under which category does this case comes? how to get out of it?
    Iím immigrant will it be any problem for my status in future ? will it stays in my records? I'm sure I didn't do anything wrong. 

Default Re: Attempted Assault

You were not arrested or charged with a crime so you received no criminal record with this. I would strongly suggest should you be contacted further by the police you as for an attorney to be present.

If they took DNA, there may be something more to this. A simple battery case is NOT going to need the collection of DNA.

If there are further contacts by the police on this matter, an attorney would be HIGHLY recommended.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Did you perhaps have sex with some woman in the recent past? That's what it sounds like to me--that you had sex, didn't call her again or her boyfriend/husband found out and now she's claiming rape.

Quote Quoting LegalWriter
    View Post
    Did you perhaps have sex with some woman in the recent past? That's what it sounds like to me--that you had sex, didn't call her again or her boyfriend/husband found out and now she's claiming rape.
    Wow! That's one of the biggest extrapolations I've ever seen!

Quote Quoting eerelations
    View Post
    Wow! That's one of the biggest extrapolations I've ever seen!
    It happens a lot more than you think.

Quote Quoting LegalWriter
    View Post
    It happens a lot more than you think.
    Ummm, I wasn't talking about frequency, I was talking about extrapolation.

The cop asks for his passport and DNA because a woman complained he was "misbehaving" with her. It isn't a huge leap to suspect that there's a sexual assault charge being investigated.

I suppose it might also be that the local agency seeks to obtain a voluntary DNA sample from most any suspect they can. I doubt they would run the DNA absent some thought he committed a specific type of crime (expensive), but, I have read stories of jurisdictions collecting DNA to build up a potential database. Even VA does not permit DNA collection absent a conviction (or, consent) for certain offenses.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Quote Quoting cdwjava
    View Post
    I suppose it might also be that the local agency seeks to obtain a voluntary DNA sample from most any suspect they can. I doubt they would run the DNA absent some thought he committed a specific type of crime (expensive), but, I have read stories of jurisdictions collecting DNA to build up a potential database. Even VA does not permit DNA collection absent a conviction (or, consent) for certain offenses.
    The guy didn't know any better and consented.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast