Exclamation Can You Sue Somebody for Stalking You and Slandering You in Online Forums

My question involves defamation in the state of: I do not exactly, but I believe the website may be hosted in America.

A troll signed up and spammed at some video gaming forums I have posted at for years. Until this guy came to the forums, there had not been any issues at all for a long time, although prior members caused me untold problems on and off, from 2003 up until now. He uses multiple IDs and uploads photos of people I know (taken from videos I had on YouTube, or Google) to use as his avatars, and replies to his own posts. Now on that particular site, he isn't fully harassing me. He just plays dumb. The moderators were already contacted about this deception, but they didn't seem to care. They also banned me from using the private messaging feature.

Now when he initially rejoined, I didn't know it was him. He previously signed up using the name of a guy who uses a blog. Then he made anxiety and autism topics. He baited me to reply, but I did respond, only because I didn't know it was him. I've got autism myself, and the thread looked "normal" enough, I suppose.

So anyway, I gave him a link to a forum (it's called loveforum.net) that discusses i.e. relationships and mental health, but I recall saying in a post on the gaming forums that it has no moderators. Since then, the idiot has signed up many profiles and trolled that forum hard. He creates multiple IDs as I said and post bombs, posts my personal info, and mentions personal things about my former support workers which he even quoted from threads I was involved in elsewhere, and acts like a judge who is angry at me due to how I got in trouble over their inability to do their jobs. He actually did this repeatedly and got banned. But he came back - a lot. In fact, the admin actually banned me too, as this creep said he would spam the forums all the time until I was removed, yet my ban is unfair as I never did anything wrong. I'd been an active user there for just a little over 5 years. He posted things about my ex support personnel to make it appear like he had a 'good case' against me.

Apart from that, he sent people to my friend's house after obtaining his address, then vandalized my IMDb.com filmography with fake film art, harassed me on Wikipedia, and did the same thing on Wikia as well, resulting in me having to humor him by talking about his harassment on the help pages for the moderators. I've had to report him dozens of times now, but he keeps coming back using proxies. Ignoring him is kind of impossible. This is totally getting to me. I've also written to an ISP that I think may be his, but nobody got in touch. I'm not sure what to do here, other than giving up any handles he knows me by, but then he'd still likely know who I am from my posting habits. Etc. For example, he knows I like to edit pages on Wikipedia about Sylvester Stallone; I actually got angry at IMDb.com after I gave evidence about how he had parts in films as an extra, and they refuted my evidence, and he knows about that too, from reading my posts.

Please help.

Default Re: A Troll Keeps Slandering Me, As Well As Stalking Me Online!

None of what you have said is slander.

When you post stuff on the internet, especially to public forums, you lose the right to privacy.

I know, but what can I do about his abusive pattern of annoying me on forums and Wikipedia? Saying things that isn't true is kind of slander. He said I was gay after I said I like TS people.

Being annoying on the internet is not actionable. Insulting you is not slander. It takes more than just something being untrue to be slander.

Telling people that you're gay is not slander (even if you're not gay) because there's nothing wrong with being gay.

Quote Quoting Chocolate Milk
    View Post
    My question involves defamation in the state of: I do not exactly, but I believe the website may be hosted in America.

A troll signed up and spammed at some video gaming forums I have posted at for years. Until this guy came to the forums, there had not been any issues at all for a long time, although prior members caused me untold problems on and off, from 2003 up until now. He uses multiple IDs and uploads photos of people I know (taken from videos I had on YouTube, or Google) to use as his avatars, and replies to his own posts. Now on that particular site, he isn't fully harassing me. He just plays dumb. The moderators were already contacted about this deception, but they didn't seem to care. They also banned me from using the private messaging feature.

Now when he initially rejoined, I didn't know it was him. He previously signed up using the name of a guy who uses a blog. Then he made anxiety and autism topics. He baited me to reply, but I did respond, only because I didn't know it was him. I've got autism myself, and the thread looked "normal" enough, I suppose.

So anyway, I gave him a link to a forum (it's called loveforum.net) that discusses i.e. relationships and mental health, but I recall saying in a post on the gaming forums that it has no moderators. Since then, the idiot has signed up many profiles and trolled that forum hard. He creates multiple IDs as I said and post bombs, posts my personal info, and mentions personal things about my former support workers which he even quoted from threads I was involved in elsewhere, and acts like a judge who is angry at me due to how I got in trouble over their inability to do their jobs. He actually did this repeatedly and got banned. But he came back - a lot. In fact, the admin actually banned me too, as this creep said he would spam the forums all the time until I was removed, yet my ban is unfair as I never did anything wrong. I'd been an active user there for just a little over 5 years. He posted things about my ex support personnel to make it appear like he had a 'good case' against me.

Apart from that, he sent people to my friend's house after obtaining his address, then vandalized my IMDb.com filmography with fake film art, harassed me on Wikipedia, and did the same thing on Wikia as well, resulting in me having to humor him by talking about his harassment on the help pages for the moderators. I've had to report him dozens of times now, but he keeps coming back using proxies. Ignoring him is kind of impossible. This is totally getting to me. I've also written to an ISP that I think may be his, but nobody got in touch. I'm not sure what to do here, other than giving up any handles he knows me by, but then he'd still likely know who I am from my posting habits. Etc. For example, he knows I like to edit pages on Wikipedia about Sylvester Stallone; I actually got angry at IMDb.com after I gave evidence about how he had parts in films as an extra, and they refuted my evidence, and he knows about that too, from reading my posts.

Please help.
    Block him. Stay off forums. It's pretty easy to avoid trolls.

Well, I realize that. I'm actually considering giving up on forums soon anyway. I think my "advice string" on most of them has pretty much run its course, and I was terribly insulted that the person in charge of running "Love Forum" banned me, because a total of one troll asked that person to do so. Because I mean, people can only be so sympathetic, and I have to do the rest so real changes can take place, although I find anxiety has a grip on me so badly most days.

Even other disabled people told me I have to make an effort to improve my life and to do it alone, because the system now has gotten so bad that there are delays in who gets what support, and at what cost. Apart from that, and no offense intended at all, but many, many Internet forums are just bull crap now anyway, and/or terribly inactive.

I don't know. Maybe it's not meant to be. I don't see the point in trying to force certain things anymore. My life hasn't had too many highlights. This is just more of the same old, same old.

1. Sponsored Links