Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Sudden Lane Change Caused a Car Crash

My question involves an accident that occurred in the state of: indiana
    As I was driving eats one 52 highway few cars were going to slow about at leas 40 mph due to a slow pickup truck that was towing, two cars behind it passed the pickup so there were 3 cars left in from of me, the one right in from of me passed and the other two left would not, so I turn my signal and sped up to pass, I had pretty good distance from the other cars. So Iím passing, the second car in front decides to pass as Iím already at higher speed than that person and My front bumper is already almos lined with her rear bumper. So she suddenly gets in front of me, my pre-collision system could not even do its job nor I could stop my car from hitting her. So I hit her on her left rear bumper with the front right side of mine. Who would be at fault?

Default Re: Sudden lane change and crash

It’s hard to determine from your description but if she suddenly pulled into your lane such that you were already so close and moving faster that you had no time to react, it would be her fault. Precisely where each of you were in relation to lane placement would matter.

Did she enter your lane fully prior to the contact?

Default Re: Sudden lane change and crash

Quote Quoting Mgllpz12
    View Post
    So she suddenly gets in front of me, my pre-collision system could not even do its job nor I could stop my car from hitting her. So I hit her on her left rear bumper with the front right side of mine. Who would be at fault?
    Hard to say. A lot depends on how fast you were going at the moment of impact and where, exactly, did the two bumpers connect.

Front and rear bumpers wrap around to the sides of the cars.

Your pre-collision system is irrelevant. People have been driving cars without it for over 100 years.

I imagine her story contradicts yours.

Default Re: Sudden Lane Change Caused a Car Crash

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post
    Hard to say. A lot depends on how fast you were going at the moment of impact and where, exactly, did the two bumpers connect.

Front and rear bumpers wrap around to the sides of the cars.

Your pre-collision system is irrelevant. People have been driving cars without it for over 100 years.

I imagine her story contradicts yours.
    I hit her tire and part of the side/back on the left side of her car
    Damage on my car was on the side/front on the right side of my card
    I think I was going about 50 mph at the moment she entered the lane of course I hit the brakes but I donít thing it made any difference, I do t know.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    It’s hard to determine from your description but if she suddenly pulled into your lane such that you were already so close and moving faster that you had no time to react, it would be her fault. Precisely where each of you were in relation to lane placement would matter.

Did she enter your lane fully prior to the contact?
    She didnít enter the lane all the way.
    I was building up speed agh the moment she entered the lane. So when she came into the lane literally I slammed into the left side/back of her rear bumper with the right side/front of my bumper! The impact pushed me to the left but I was able to control the vehicle.

Quote Quoting Mgllpz12
    View Post
    I hit her tire and part of the side/back on the left side of her car
    Damage on my car was on the side/front on the right side of my card
    I think I was going about 50 mph at the moment she entered the lane of course I hit the brakes but I don’t thing it made any difference, I do t know.
    Point of impact appears to be in your favor.

Quote Quoting Mgllpz12
    View Post

She didn’t enter the lane all the way.
    I was building up speed at the moment she entered the lane. So when she came into the lane literally I slammed into the left side/back of her rear bumper with the right side/front of my bumper! The impact pushed me to the left but I was able to control the vehicle.
    What was the speed limit at that location?

View Post
    Point of impact appears to be in your favor.

What was the speed limit at that location?
    55mph

Quote Quoting Mgllpz12
    View Post
    55mph
    Also in your favor.

What to the insurance claims people say?

View Post
    Also in your favor.

What to the insurance claims people say?
    Well I contacted my insurance this morning and they said the didnít have the police report just yet, and that their insurance also had to call us which they didnít do today.

Quote Quoting Mgllpz12
    View Post
    Well I contacted my insurance this morning and they said the didn’t have the police report just yet, and that their insurance also had to call us which they didn’t do today.
    Claim reps have 50 to 100 open claims at any one time. Nothing happens overnight.

It does seem to be her fault.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast