Default Ticketed for Parking on the Street for 3 Days

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: California. I haven't received a ticket for this, but a warning or two. I have two cars: One which I keep in my drive, the other parked on the street, because my family has two cars already in their garage. I drive the latter car more frequently. I had the car parked during Thanksgiving break, then I saw that I had a notice for keeping it parked in one place for more than 72 hours without moving it 1/10 mile. Since then, I've moved it about, frequently from one side of the street to the other. I've had to do this quite frequently as I'm still in between semesters at school (it starts up next Monday.) Is there anything else I should be doing about this? My current class schedule runs Mon-Thu, meaning that it'll likely be parked in one place for more than 72 hours.

Default Re: Parking on the Street for 3 Days

Upload a picture of the ticket warning. If you can't, state word for word what it said. Did it cite and local or state ordinance?

It said that I can't park on a public street for more than 72 hours without moving the vehicle at least 1/10 mile. I had a car parked on the street for that amount of time or more a few years ago and had no problems. The warning also had a local ordinance cited.

What is the local ordinance cited on the warning?

What is the local ordinance number? Depending on how it is set up, they may very well be able to cite and/or tow you.

Quote Quoting ijcaff97
    View Post
    It said that I can't park on a public street for more than 72 hours without moving the vehicle at least 1/10 mile.
    The 72 hour thing is standard in a lot of places. What you did in the past is irrelevant. You're obviously on somebody's radar now. Maybe a neighbor who drives around looking for a parking space while you have an extra car on the street. I've lived on those streets and there was always hostility when there was limited parking.

All you can do is move your car around at frequent enough intervals.

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post
    The 72 hour thing is standard in a lot of places. What you did in the past is irrelevant. You're obviously on somebody's radar now. Maybe a neighbor who drives around looking for a parking space while you have an extra car on the street. I've lived on those streets and there was always hostility when there was limited parking.

All you can do is move your car around at frequent enough intervals.
    I doubt someone's going to set up a CCTV camera and then I find out the hard way I'm not fooling nobody.

Quote Quoting ijcaff97
    View Post
    I doubt someone's going to set up a CCTV camera and then I find out the hard way I'm not fooling nobody.
    CCTV is not required. Expect to get a ticket if you break the law.
    Did you have a question?

Don't expect to get help here if you don't answer questions.

If you've already received multiple warnings citing an ordinance, I don't see how you can get around it other than obeying it. Ask a family member or even a neighbor to help you move it when you're not around so you don't get ticketed.

1. Sponsored Links