Default How Long for Red Light Ticket

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: CA. If a camera flashed for red light, and I was supposed to respond to it by a certain amount of time, how long do I have to reply to it by mail before I get another letter regarding it? Like if I donít reply 25 days after the date, Iíll then receive another letter.

Default Re: How Long for Red Light Ticket

Just because the camera flashes doesn't mean you committed a violation and that a ticket is coming. How the ticket is handled depends very much on who issued it. LA county, for example, is different than other places in the state. You should assure that your correct mailing address is on file for both your license and registration.

Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    Just because the camera flashes doesn't mean you committed a violation and that a ticket is coming. How the ticket is handled depends very much on who issued it. LA county, for example, is different than other places in the state. You should assure that your correct mailing address is on file for both your license and registration.
    Whats the rules for Modesto? To be clear do you think there is any deadline date? If so how long AGTER the ticket is mailed? Like 25-30 days??

Quote Quoting freshprinceofCA
    View Post
    If a camera flashed for red light, and I was supposed to respond to it by a certain amount of time, how long do I have to reply to it by mail before I get another letter regarding it?
    This question makes little sense as phrased.

You used the word "it" twice, but it's unclear what the antecedent of that pronoun is. You wrote that "a camera flashed for [a] red light" and that you were "supposed to respond to it." As phrased, "it" must refer either to the camera or the red light (those being the only two nouns in the sentence to that point), but responding to a camera or a red light makes no sense. You then said something about getting another letter, which implies that you received a letter. If you're saying that you received a letter regarding the red light, I would hope it obvious that you should reply to that letter within the time stated in the letter.

If you want to clarify what you're talking about, we can try to provide more information. Note, by the way, that you should identify the city where this occurred because these things are not handled the same everywhere.

Quote Quoting pg1067
    View Post
    This question makes little sense as phrased.

You used the word "it" twice, but it's unclear what the antecedent of that pronoun is. You wrote that "a camera flashed for [a] red light" and that you were "supposed to respond to it." As phrased, "it" must refer either to the camera or the red light (those being the only two nouns in the sentence to that point), but responding to a camera or a red light makes no sense. You then said something about getting another letter, which implies that you received a letter. If you're saying that you received a letter regarding the red light, I would hope it obvious that you should reply to that letter within the time stated in the letter.

If you want to clarify what you're talking about, we can try to provide more information. Note, by the way, that you should identify the city where this occurred because these things are not handled the same everywhere.
    Hey. I just changed my registration address to Match my drivers license. I have a fear I may have gotten a ticket sent to the wrong address and have no knowledge. It would have been sent out 3 weeks ago. If I had a ticket the ticket would give me x amount of time to reply. What can I expect to be the deadline to reply before I get another notice in the mail? will it work like this: if I donít respond to a red light ticket by 25 days, I will receive another mail notice following that up.

View Post
    Hey. I just changed my registration address to Match my drivers license.
    That would explain why you didn't get the ticket if there is one. Contact the court that has jurisdiction and ask them if there is a ticket.

View Post
    Hey. I just changed my registration address to Match my drivers license. I have a fear I may have gotten a ticket sent to the wrong address and have no knowledge.
    Do you have a forwarding order in with the post office so that mail sent to the old address gets forwarded to the new address? If not, then I suggest you do that and also agree with "PayrolGuy's" suggestion.

1. Sponsored Links