Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Police Officer is Having an Affair with a Crime Victim

I was served with a TPO, while I was instructed by my attorney to send the surveillance video to preserve the evidence of here cheating.

We have a shared Email address, and wen I sent the links she saw them in the sent file, and turned me in for Felony Stalking.

I have recently found out that the officer who did the investigation has been sleeping with my wife. He is set to testify during a preliminary hearing, against me.
    Does this create a conflict of interest?
    It seems like it is Ethically and Morally wrong to take advantage of a so called victim?

Default Re: Police Having an Affair with Victim

If the relationship started up as a result of their contact through the officer's work, then it is something that his administration may want to be made aware of. Though, it may not be a violation of policy and he may not be in any trouble.

Even if it might be ethically questionable, unless his testimony is fraudulent in some way, it's a non-issue with regards to any evidence against you. Your attorney MIGHT be able to imply some sort of bias on his part should he testify as to matters of opinion and belief, but if he testifies as to factual info it will make little difference as to his relationship with your ex.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

You need to get a new address.

Yes, the videos were sent from my phone that defaulted to the shared e-mail. However the videos were from a month prior to the TPO. their sexual relationship began a couple days after them meeting in the investigation, secondly the divorce didn't start for another 2 weeks.

Quote Quoting Stalker30
    View Post
    Yes, the videos were sent from my phone that defaulted to the shared e-mail. However the videos were from a month prior to the TPO. their sexual relationship began a couple days after them meeting in the investigation, secondly the divorce didn't start for another 2 weeks.
    Again, while of questionable ethics, this does not - by itself - impeach his credibility or impugn the evidence he might introduce.

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,

Quote Quoting cdwjava
    View Post
    Again, while of questionable ethics, this does not - by itself - impeach his credibility or impugn the evidence he might introduce.
    The officer is no longer an impartial witness. Of course his testimony is tainted now.

Quote Quoting budwad
    View Post
    The officer is no longer an impartial witness. Of course his testimony is tainted now.
    Not really. It CAN be, but by itself, having a relationship with another witness is not going render his testimony non-credible. It also depends on what it is he will testify about. If everyone who who had an emotional attachment to a case had their testimony rendered moot, then the OP and his ex would also be tainted, and so would anyone who knew them.

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,

I just find it interesting that in a few days we will be face to face at a preliminary hearing. Emails that I was accused of stalking were of videos 30 days prior to the tpo. The divorce did dot start until a month later.

I will defiantly update.

A TPO is not the start date for stalking behavior. If somebody gets a TPO because you are stalking them, the same facts used to obtain the TPO may be relevant to any subsequent prosecution for stalking.

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    A TPO is not the start date for stalking behavior. If somebody gets a TPO because you are stalking them, the same facts used to obtain the TPO may be relevant to any subsequent prosecution for stalking.
    There was no Physical stalking or contact, The day the TPO was ordered for what she called DV, she disabled the ring door bell, What caused the charge was the links for the door bell were sent though a joint email account the links were from 30 days prior for evidence in my divorce. Evidence she presented the emails had been modified ( Names Deleted ). Also My phone backed up to my one drive that was linked at the time to her computer. It was the boyfriend who signed the Warrant.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast