Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default My Boyfriend's 26, I'm 16, and My Parents Know - Now What

I won't waste your time with attempts to convince you that our relationship is solid, monogamous, healthy, et cetera due to our respective maturity levels and situation and the like - I'm sure we can all draw that conclusion without my rambling. If you have something to say about child rape or similar, don't waste your time - I don't care.
    That said, my parents know we've been having sex and are pissed. I don't want him to face jail time. What are my options?

Default Re: My Boyfriend's 26, I'm 16 in Ca. My Parents Know. Now What

Nice attitude!

Your options? Just one. By the time he gets out of jail you'll be well into the age of legality.

Sorry about your 'luck'.

Quote Quoting hersupernature
    View Post
    I won't waste your time with attempts to convince you that our relationship is solid, monogamous, healthy, et cetera due to our respective maturity levels and situation and the like - I'm sure we can all draw that conclusion without my rambling. If you have something to say about child rape or similar, don't waste your time - I don't care.
    That said, my parents know we've been having sex and are pissed. I don't want him to face jail time. What are my options?

The underlined and the bolded are contradictions.

YOUR options are none. His are to seek an attorney. He is in for SERIOUS jail time.

As he should be.

If I recall correctly I was looking for an informed and mature answer on my OPTIONS.

YOUR options are none.

His are - well, IS, really - to seek an attorney.

You have no control over what happens from this point further.

View Post
    If I recall correctly I was looking for an informed and mature answer on my OPTIONS.
    So, are we now clear on the options, or rather option? You are now the recipient of two "informed and mature" answers. Take it for what it's worth as your situation is quite succinct on it's pending outcome.

What part are you either not understanding or refusing to understand because you want someone to tell you what you want to hear?

Quote Quoting souperdave
    View Post
    So, are we now clear on the options, or rather option? You are now the recipient of two "informed and mature" answers. Take it for what it's worth as your situation is quite succinct on it's pending outcome.

What part are you either not understanding or refusing to understand because you want someone to tell you what you want to hear?

But Dave honey - what do WE know? They are in lurrrrrrrve. WE couldn't possibly understand.

You know that one of them will be back here in a year or two asking how to get sole custody of their new ickle baby (because Other Parent is basically the AntiChrist and Unfit and and and and and *tantrum* EVERYTHING BAD EVAH EVAH EVAH IN THE WHOLE UNIVERSE).

How many times have we seen it?

Wish I had a dollar for each time!

Each time a poster went as you portray, and a fiver for each that pumped up the 'tude because they weren't getting the answer they wanted to hear......

"YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"

The age of consent in CA is 18. That means you cannot legally consent to sex and anyone who has sex with you has committed a crime.

Your boyfriend committed a felony under CA law. Your options are to keep on with him and ruin his life even more thoroughly than it is already ruined, or stop and pray to whatever higher power, if any, you acknowledge that the authorities do not find out. Because if they do, he IS going to jail.

Those are your options. I realize they are not the options you wanted to hear. However, that is the legally correct answer whether you want to hear it or not.

View Post
    Your only option:

find Marty McFly and use his DeLorean to go back in time and stop your past self from having sex with the idiot that is 10 years your senior.

your idiot child raper (excuse me; one who commits the crime of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor greater than 3 years younger than the perpetrator) boyfriend's options are the same.

He can now be charged with a felony and there is nothing you can do about it. One call does it all.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast