Default Minor Accident, Other Driver Now Claiming Injuries, in California

My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: California

So about 2 months ago i rear ended a 2002 toyota pick up truck...the back bumper was about 2-3 inches lower than usual..i was driving a 200 hyndai accent, a much smaller car, and my car was not damaged one bit...the guy came out and was walking around and everything seemed fine..he decides to file a police report even though the damges were way under 1k...the police man comes and explains that it was a minor accident and it doesnt have to be reported to the insurance, but the guy insists that he does anyways...he started to claim that his neck and back were hurting..and even got an attorney to send my insurance a letter in the mail explain the accident..infinty..im just very confused because the dmg on the car was very minimal..im not sure what to expect is going to happen..another important thing..i was driving a friends car and i am not under the policy as someone who should be driving the car...what do u think will happen? any help is great appreciated cause i am stressing out like crazy! lastly my insurance also took a statement from the policy holder and he said that he allowed me to drive the car on the day of the accident..what do u think will happen?

anybody can give me any insight or anything? please? thank you in advance i really appreciate it!

Default Re: Minor Accident, Other Driver Now Claiming Injuries, in California

Quote Quoting james1040
    View Post
    My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: California

So about 2 months ago i rear ended a 2002 toyota pick up truck...the back bumper was about 2-3 inches lower than usual..i was driving a 200 hyndai accent, a much smaller car, and my car was not damaged one bit...the guy came out and was walking around and everything seemed fine..he decides to file a police report even though the damges were way under 1k...the police man comes and explains that it was a minor accident and it doesnt have to be reported to the insurance, but the guy insists that he does anyways...he started to claim that his neck and back were hurting..and even got an attorney to send my insurance a letter in the mail explain the accident..infinty..im just very confused because the dmg on the car was very minimal..im not sure what to expect is going to happen..another important thing..i was driving a friends car and i am not under the policy as someone who should be driving the car...what do u think will happen? any help is great appreciated cause i am stressing out like crazy! lastly my insurance also took a statement from the policy holder and he said that he allowed me to drive the car on the day of the accident..what do u think will happen?

anybody can give me any insight or anything? please? thank you in advance i really appreciate it!
    Unless you were specifically excluded on your friends auto insurance policy, then they should cover any damages and/or medical bills (within the policy limits) due to the other driver.

the amount of damage is not completely indicative of the possible injuries to the parties within. There could be injuries not evident at the time of the accident.

Did your friend (the owner of the car) report this accident to his insurance company? They need to. Unless there is some reason you are excluded from coverage on your friends insurance, they should take care of any liability up to the limits of your friends policy.
    If you were excluded from the policy, both you and your friend have a huge exposure as you both would have some liability for the damages.

Thank u for responses! No i am not specifically off their insurance..and the policy holder am i called our insurance for the policy holders statement..he told them that he let me use the car to drive...so that should help some right?? thanks!

he also has an attorney

Quote Quoting james1040
    View Post
    he also has an attorney
    And I'm sure your friend's insurer has a FEW!

Quote Quoting james1040
    View Post
    Thank u for responses! No i am not specifically off their insurance..and the policy holder am i called our insurance for the policy holders statement..he told them that he let me use the car to drive...so that should help some right??
    Yes, it will help!

Is it likely that i will get sued? =/ i am very new to all of this... how much is the max. amount for a case like this?? im pretty stressed cause im not sure whats gona happen

=james1040;476663]Is it likely that i will get sued?
    No way to know. If your friends insurance covers this and there is no dispute to the liability, the insurance company would pay and that would be the end of things. If your friends insurance refuses the claim, then you might get sued. Your friends insurance company will defend you.

=/ i am very new to all of this... how much is the max. amount for a case like this?? im pretty stressed cause im not sure whats gona happen
    You need to just relax and wait to see what happens. The other party has up to 2 years (if I remember correctly) to file a suit so even if one is brewing, you may not know for some time. Your friend can keep you apprised of the situation as he can get the info from his insurance company.

and I would be very wary of a person that claims to be a lawyer trolling somebody else's website for clients. If they do things such as that, I can only imagine what else they do that isn't ethical.

Ic Ic...yeah i guess im just gona have to wait it out..ugh its such a pain and so stressful!! ;/

Default Hi!

Nice information!
    I want to thank you for this great sharing. You can find more tips on visiting these links.

1. Sponsored Links