Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Officer Threatening To Make Up Charges On Me

VIDEO- http://blip.tv/file/369570

This department- St. George, MO. was rated within the top 10 of all cities in the St. Louis area for total revenue generated by traffic tickets. I've seen tickets for 1MPH before. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.5 km≤ (0.2 mi≤), all land, but since it's in the middle of populated St. Louis, it has a population of 1,288.

Here I was coming down the road and went to turn into the commuter parking lot. The cop was parked illeaglly almost blocking the road like always and he had to move which must have pissed him off. I pulled into the lot and he turned around, pulled in behind me and lit me up. The parking lot isn't even in St. George and they have no police powers outside of their ****hole town. A transcript is provided below to go along with the video. Please excuse the clicking of my radar detector.

Is this not an illegal seizure since they are not even acting within their jurisdiction? What do you recomend I do? This guy is a nutcase and doesn't need to be a cop for sure.

Here is a map provided by St. Louis county showing St. George does not extend into the parking lot or even on the main road for that matter.

Default Re: Video of most corrupt yelling at me and telling me he will make up charges on me

0:06
    (I turn on right turn signal (remember for later) to turn down the road the cop is on. You can see he is parked illegally nearly blocking the entire roadway. He pulls forward so I can get through)

0:18
    (I turn on my left turn signal to pull into the public Commuter Lot paid for and owned by the Missouri Department of Transportation. There are no hours of operation at these lots and the public is permitted there 24 hours a day. The only limitation is that vehicles donít remain in the lot consecutively for over 24 hours, which mine was not. You can contact MODOT at 1-888 Ask MoDOT to confirm this.)

1:07
    Officer #1: How we doin? Whatís going on?
    Brett: Nothing.
    Officer #1: Why you parkin here?
    Brett: Canít I park here? Itís a commuter lot right?
    Officer #1: Yeah, but we have problems after midnight time. People break into cars. You got any ID on you?
    Brett: Yeah, I do.
    Officer #1: Can I see it please?
    Brett: Did I do something wrong?
    Officer #1: Yeah youíre a (unable to understand officer as he slurred the word suspicious) vehicle right now.
    Brett: Iím what?
    Officer #1: (Officer leans into my car just inches from my face and yells) You are a suspicious vehicle right now.
    Brett: In a commuter parking lot?
    Officer #1: Yeah you are cause we have car thieves in here. Yeah youíre right.
    Brett: Cause I can park right here.
    Officer #1: You want meÖYou wanna come out of the car? Come on out. Come on out.

1:32
    (I exit the vehicle)
    Officer #1: Let me see your ID.
    (I give him my valid Missouri License)
    Officer #1: Let me see your insurance card for the vehicle.
    Brett: Did I commit a moving violation?
    Officer #1: Yeah you did, when you were coming in here.
    Brett: Really? What was that?
    Officer #1: Yeah, you wanna try me? You wanna try me tonight? You think youíve had a bad night? I will ruin your ****ing night.
    (Officer starts to get close up to my face)
    Officer #1 You want to try me?
    (officer then is just inches away from my face and screaming as Iím pinned between him and my vehicle) Officer #1 Do you wanna try me young boy? Do you want to try me tonight young boy?
    Brett: No I donít.
    Officer #1: Do you want to go to jail for some ****ing reason I come up with?
    Officer #1: Do you wanna see who knows the law better, me or you. My experience compared to your young ass. Huh? Donít ever get smart mouthed with a cop again. I show you what a cop does. Do you understand me?
    Brett: Yes sir.
    Officer #1: Try and talk backÖTalk back to me again. I bet I could say you resisted arrest or something. You want to come up with something? I come up with 9 things. Do you wanna try something?
    Officer #1: Wait here.

2:52
    Officer #1 Oh, while you were coming towards me you were swerving back and forth within the roadway. Okay? I might give you a ticket for that. You want me to come up with some more? When you turned in, you failed to use your turn signal, youíre right turn signal (Check 0:06 to see I DID use it). You wanna try me some more? Huh? Come on smart ass. Gimmie an attitude a little bit more. I bet- I guarantee I can tow this car by the time Iím done with you. You wanna try me now? Gimmie a little more lip. (officer gets back up in my face) Come on boy. Come on boy give me some more lip. Youíre done?
    Brett: I donít want any problems officer.
    Officer #1: Youíre about ready to get it. You already start your ****ing problems with your attitude. Did we have a bad nights boy? Huh? Answer me or Iíll lock you up for failure to imply with a police officerís commands.
    Brett: Cause Iím not answering your questions about my personal business?
    Officer #1: Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. You want me to show you? You want me to show you? You want me to lock you up to show you Iím right and youíre wrong?
    Brett: No I donít officer.
    Officer #1: You want me to show you the ****ing law.
    Brett: No, I mean I know Sean who used to work here. (A new neighbor of mine that used to work in this small department-St. George)
    Officer #1: Sean who? You mean my buddy, my best friend?
    Brett: Yeah. Heís me neighbor.
    Officer #1 Okay, heís my best friend. Oh good. Why donít you go call him and tell him you came in front of Kenline and see what he says If you got lucky youíll walk away from me.
    Brett: I really donít want any trouble officer.
    Officer #1: What are you doin with a camera hooked to your car seat?
    Brett: I have lots of cameras in my car.
    Officer #1: Why is that?
    Brett: And they upload to secure sources
    Officer #1: Okay. I donít really care about your secure sources. Iíve got one in my car. See that?
    Brett: Okay.
    Officer #1: Itís a secure source.
    Officer #1: I really donít care about your camera system (then why did you ask?) cause Iím about ready to tow your car. Then we can tear them all apart..
    Brett: Oh well, it doesnít matter. The videos not even in here.
    Officer #1: Okay, it doesnít matter, I really donít care about your video (once again, why did ask?)
    Brett: Iím sure the news will like it.
    Officer #1: I donít really care cause youíre about ready to go to jail.
    Brett: I donít want to go to jail officer.
    Officer #1: Iím gonna show you youíre about ready too.
    Brett: Youíre right officer (at this time, he is become very hostile and I really afraid he was going to assault me so I tried to say what I could to calm him down)
    Officer #1: Okay.
    Brett: Iím sorry.
    Officer #1: You think these security camerasÖI guarantee ya, mine and my boy mic is gonna tell a little different and youíre attitude. ( guess not sucking up to the cop and knowing my rights is attitude)
    Brett: I donít want any problems.
    Officer #1: You started it. (Who came up to whoís car?) Why do you have an attitude? As a matter of fact, I was gonna come in here, see if youíre okay. First of all we have people try to commit suicide in here (people commit suicide everywhere). We have car thieves come in here. We have people break into cars here. ( I was over 200 feet from any other car. I have enough probable cause to stop you. Okay?
    Brett: Okay officer, Iím sorry. I donít want any problems.
    Officer #1: What is your problem tonight?
    Brett: I just had a bad night officer. (once again, I am saying anything I can so I donít get assault and arrested on the false charges the officer has promised to charge me with)
    Officer #1: You know what? You donít take it out on me. You donít never take it out on a cop cause we will ruin your career and life and everything else you have coming before you. Okay?
    Officer #1: What is your problem tonight?
    Brett: I had problems earlier, I just came in here to sit.
    Officer #1: You know what, thatís all you tell me. You donít give me no problem with Ďwhat did I do wrong cause I guarantee I come up with 9 things. If you know Sean, why donít you ask Sean about me. Okay?
    Brett: Whatís your name?
    Officer #1 Sergeant Kenline.

5:31
    Officer #1: Do me a favor. When you do turn in here next time, use your turn signal. (Check the beginning of the tape again, I used it.)
    Officer #1: Okay. And seriously if you are pissed off, youíre impairing your driving. Okay? I donít know if you were talking on the phone or just not paying attention, you were honestly coming down the roadway not staying within your roadway. You were honestly going back and forth. I donít know what you were doing, but I go it all on tape. Okay? (look at the beginning of the video. I am clearly within my lane coming down the main road. The only time I had to make any strange movement was to avoid the officerís car parked illegal nearly blocking the whole side street.)
    Officer #1: I donít know if you were playing with something else, or paying attention to something else, I donít know.
    Brett: Alright.
    Officer #1: You need to be more aware. And when people pull you over, my job ainít to be P-ed off. Okay? My job is to conduct my career and my job. Okay?
    Officer #1: I donít have to have a reason to pull you over. First of all youíre a suspicious vehicle in the commuter lot thatís pretty much vacant (then I wouldnít be breaking into any cars would I?)and the commuter lot hours (looks down at a sign at the end of the lot) is after dusk, after 12 o clock. (Once again, there are no hours posted and you can call 1-888-Ask MoDOT to confirm there are no hours) Okay? You understand what Iím getting at? I know the law a little bitÖHow old are you by the way? 18?
    Brett: Iím 20.
    Officer #1: Okay, I was close. Okay. I think Iíve been around, as a matter of fact, Iíve been a cop almost as long as youíve been alive. Okay?
    Officer #1: Do you understand what Iím getting at?
    Brett: I really donít want any problems officer.
    Officer #1: Do you understand what Iím getting at? Iím trying not be ignorant, but when you give me lip, Iím gonna give it right back to you ten times harder. (where did I give him lip? Asking a question?) Okay? You give me an attitude, Iím gonna give you attitude a lot harder. Okay?
    Brett: Alright.
    Officer #1: You understand what Iím getting at? Iím trying to honestly see whatís wrong, why, with your attitude. You understand?
    Brett: Yeah.
    Officer #1: Okay. You seemÖYou ever been in trouble before?
    Brett: Yes.
    Officer #1: For what?
    Brett: Assault.
    Officer #1: To who?
    Brett: An off-duty police officer.
    Officer #1: A cop?
    Brett: I was assault by a police officer and a grand jury dismissed all the charges and the City of St. Louis paid me not to sue.
    Officer #1: Okay. You have a problem then. Is it, was it your attitude that night, probably? Or he just hadÖ
    Brett: No.
    Officer #1: Or he just hadÖ
    Brett: No, it was an intoxicated off-duty police officer that attacked me.
    Officer #1: Oh, it didnít happen while he was on-duty?
    Brett: No, He was off-duty.
    Officer #1: You need to honestly looseÖOkay, where do you work at?
    Brett: I own my own company.
    Officer #1: What do you do?
    Brett: A painter. Iím a paint contractor and I go to school.
    Officer #1: Okay. Lets say youíre a painter. Okay. You were going to sit there a few minutes right?
    Brett: Yeah.
    Officer #1: Weíre gonna talk for a few seconds. Okay, then Iíll let you go. (Imply I donít have permission to leave and am being seized) If you donít have no warrants against you, Iím gonna run your name real quick. You donít have no warrants do you?
    Officer #1: Okay, lets say I come to your job or you come to my house, wherever youíre painting and I start giving you attitude. What would you do? Would you get a little irritated about that? And probably not do a great job of painting or something? Am I right or wrong?
    Brett: Youíre right officer.
    Officer #1: No. Donít agree with me cause you want to agree with me now. Agree with me because If Iím right, tell me if Iím wrong.
    Brett: I donít want any trouble.
    Officer #1: Hereís my back-up you donít think Iím gonna do anything. Weíve got cameras and body mics.
    Brett: Well I donít know. You said you were going to charge me with resisting arrest and whatever else.
    Officer #1: Well yeah. I can come up with more stuff than you can.
    Brett: Iím just standing here.
    Officer #1: No, cause you kept flinging your hands. (My hands were held at my beltline the whole time)
    Brett: My hands were down here.
    Officer #1: At toward me. Nah, you were swinging up and down. (Just like I didnít use my turn signal right officer? How could he give me a resisting arrest charge before he even attempted to arrest me.)

Default Re: Video of most corrupt yelling at me and telling me he will make up charges on me

8:30
    (Officer #2 walks up and #1 starts talking to him)
    Officer #1: He comes by me, coming down the road going in and out of the roadway within, within the lane. (There is no law in the state of Missouri that makes weaving within a single lane a violation) Failure to use a right turn signal. (proved wrong earlier)
    Brett: Was I speeding too? ( I figured heíd tact that on too)
    Officer #1: Speeding. Do you understand I donít have to pull you over for speeding. Okay, Itís your driving.
    Officer #2 Heís got a camera in the car.
    Officer #1: Itís to a secret link. I told him about our cameras too and our body mics. But anyway, the first thing he does is give me attitude about why Iím pulling him over. First of all, heís in the commuter lot after dark. I told him a lot of people try to commit suicide. Uh, people steal cars. People break into cars. He tried giving me lip and uh, he tried telling me all this stuff.
    Officer #2 Why does he have the camera?
    Officer #1: Cause he was assault right, but an off-duty drunk city cop so he put cameras in his car. I donít understand it. Anyway, thatís him. But, now heís just agreeing with me just for the fun of it cause he had a bad day so he thinks heís gonna tell me the law why I canít pull him over.
    (He directs the conversation back at me)
    Officer #1: Itís calledÖWhen you go home and you want to tell everybody, first thing you tell em, you were pulled over because you were a suspicious vehicle. (Once again, he flip flops about the stop). In the State of Missouri, we have the right to stop anybody walking for a pat check, or stop a suspicious vehicle anytime. Okay? That was my probable cause. And this parking lot, as a matter of fact, whatís this parking lot called? Officer #1: What did you just call it?
    Brett: Itís a parking lot.
    Officer #1: What kind?
    Brett: A commuter parking lot
    Officer #1: Are you commuting somewhere? Are you commuting somewhere?
    Brett: How would you know that?
    Officer #1: Are you commuting somewhere?
    Brett: How would you know that?
    Officer #1: Thatís why I was coming to inquire about that, but you just told me you were going to sit here.
    Brett: You donít know if I was going to wait here for somebody to come pick me up.
    Officer #1: I asked you that, did I not.
    Brett: I donít have to say anything. I have the 5th Amendment right.
    Officer #1: Do you really?
    Brett: Do you know what the 5th amendment right is?
    Officer #1 Do you know what impeding the flow of a police officers duties are?
    Brett: Whatís that? Go ahead, tell me.
    Officer #1: Whenever I ask youÖIf Iím conducting an investigatÖ This is called a field investigation, if youíre impeding it, youíre impeding it.
    Brett: Youíre saying, I canít refuse to answer your questions?
    Officer #1: Theyíre not incriminating are they?
    Brett: You donít know that.
    Officer #1: Are they incriminating?
    Brett: Yes they are.
    Officer #1: They are?
    Brett: They could be.
    Officer #1: Then are you doing something illegal here?
    Brett: No Iím not.
    Officer #1: Then they are not incriminating.
    Brett: Yes, they could be incriminating. I have the right to privacy.
    Officer #1: What privacy? Not when youíre out in public, you donít have the right to privacy.
    Brett: Yes, I do have a right to not tell you where Iím going or what Iím doing.
    Officer #1: Really?
    Brett: Itís the forth amendment right.
    Officer #1: Really?
    Brett: Yes it is. Violation of my rightsÖ
    Officer #1: I like this. You want me to tell you the law.
    Brett: Go ahead and tell me the law.
    Officer #1: If you fail to comply with my orders, my lawful orders, you have the right to go to jail. Federally comply with a police officer.
    Brett: Youíre lawful orders to answer your questionsÖ
    Officer #1: Yes, my field.
    Personal questions?
    Officer #1: Whatís personal questions? Youíre sitting here in a commuter parking lot at 2 oíclock in the morning, you understand.
    Brett: Okay, thatís fine (trying to defuse the situation again)
    Officer #1: You know what, I think Iím gonna bring you with me. Come on.
    Brett: Officer please.
    Officer #1: I think youíre gonna come with me. Then you can try and sue me in grand jury and I bet you I win. Then Iíll sue you.
    Brett: Officer I reallyÖI just had a bad night. (last ditch shot to avoid getting arrested and probably assaulted.)
    Officer #1: Well letís ruin your night. You want to show me attitude.
    Brett: No, no I donít.
    Officer #1: I want to show you the law. I want to show you the law. Iím gonna show you my law is right yours is wrong.
    Brett: Officer, Iím sorry. Like I said, Iím not trying to start anything. Iíve had problems with everybody tonight and I didnít mean to give you attitude. Itís just one of those nights.

11:46
    Officer #1: (Officer #1 looks at Officer #2) Heís getting sorry now.
    Iím sure youíve had the same nights.
    Officer #1: I donít take it out of people.
    Brett: I know, and I shouldnít either.

Officer #2- (speaking to officer #1) Heís got a scanner in his car.
    Brett: Iíve always got a scanner in my car.
    Officer #1: And by the way, that is technically a burglary tool cause youíre scanning us while youíre driving around. Youíre trying to see if youíre gonna be detected. (The scanner was off)
    Officer #1: What do you do? Do you go look for trouble? ( I donít, but this officer does)
    Officers #2- (speaking to officer #1 while looking through my back window at a small hidden camera) That is a camera.
    Brett: I have multiple cameras all over the car.
    Officer #1: You have issues man. Okay?
    Alright, Iím sorry.
    Officer #1: I think I want to take you to jail just to prove you wrong. Do you have any weapons or anything on you I need to know about?
    Officer #1: If you would, turn around and place your hands on the car real quick. Iím gonna pat you down.

(At this point the officer finds nothing and I am finally released.)

Default Re: Officer Threatening To Make Up Charges On Me

I do understand you fight but geez guy.

Yes, this guy was a bit whacko. Reminds me of a time an officer pulled me over and his partner ended up drawing his gun. It was in a stand for my rights as well, but I digress.

Got to ask, have you ever contacted your states ACLU. I believe I suggested it before.

This guy was definately over the edge and with your propensity to being just edgy enough to sound cocky yet still within the law, this could have gotten ugly. The thing that I believe you should have actually done is, not make a great attempt at appeasing the officer. I suspect you would have ended up in jail and as such, been in a much better position to actually make an issue out of this. As it stands now, this will probably end up as nothing more than fodder for the extreme police shows.

When fighting for your rights and freedoms, somebody has to take it in the end to be the example of how bad things are. You have placed yourself in the position of being that guy. Now you need to take your stand to the next step. Until you do, you will simply be "the kid with the cameras that always gives the cops shit".

As to jurisdiction; as Carl has stated many times, at least in California, it is as simple as an agreement between the two different jurisdictions to allow something like this. I would not puch that issue without first investigating it.

Is the second officer from the same department as the first?

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    I do understand you fight but geez guy.

Yes, this guy was a bit whacko. Reminds me of a time an officer pulled me over and his partner ended up drawing his gun. It was in a stand for my rights as well, but I digress.

Got to ask, have you ever contacted your states ACLU. I believe I suggested it before.

This guy was definately over the edge and with your propensity to being just edgy enough to sound cocky yet still within the law, this could have gotten ugly. The thing that I believe you should have actually done is, not make a great attempt at appeasing the officer. I suspect you would have ended up in jail and as such, been in a much better position to actually make an issue out of this. As it stands now, this will probably end up as nothing more than fodder for the extreme police shows.

When fighting for your rights and freedoms, somebody has to take it in the end to be the example of how bad things are. You have placed yourself in the position of being that guy. Now you need to take your stand to the next step. Until you do, you will simply be "the kid with the cameras that always gives the cops shit".

As to jurisdiction; as Carl has stated many times, at least in California, it is as simple as an agreement between the two different jurisdictions to allow something like this. I would not puch that issue without first investigating it.

Is the second officer from the same department as the first?
    I know. I was actually pretty scared of this lunatic. All I did was ask him to repeat what he had slurred and he leaned in and yelled into my face (spitting on it as well). Then when I was out of the car, I was pinned up against my car from him and he continued to yell and spit on me.

With his comments about how he was going to charge me with resisting arrest (even before he had attempted an arrest), and about how he would "show [me] what a cop does," I thought I would be assaulted and maybe even killed. Looking into this guys eyes, he was crazy.

I just wonder how many other people have been arrested on these charges.

As far as the venue of this situation, it happened in unincorporated St. Louis County. I can't see the county would give them policing powers throughout the entire county since they are such a hole in the wall PD to start with. Then with state law, it says, third class cities, like this one, only can enforce their laws and the state's in their town. I will check though. It will be kind of hard though. I can't really go to there city hall since it's a small little house in the middle of a neighborhood they converted that is normally only occupied by the few police officers.

I've talk to the ACLU and they are so busy, it takes them over 6 months to respond and in my opinion are a waste.

Also, Cop #2 is with the same department. They normally only have 1 officer working at a time or if one of there cars are broke down since they only have 2.

You have WAAAAY too much time on your hands.

- Carl
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Quote Quoting cdwjava
    View Post
    You have WAAAAY too much time on your hands.

- Carl
    I wish. I am taking 19 credit hours at school, own my own business in which I work at least 28 hours a week, and have a very active social life. I was actually parking in that commuter lot to meet up with my friend who had just gotten off work. I had been in class until after 10PM and worked on a paper until I drove over there. I only sleep 4 or so hours a night so I get a little break once in a while.

No comment about the cops actions? You really think this cop needs a gun and a badge?

In all honesty, I never read the whole thing. And since you always seem to be searching for trouble with the local cops, I am not at all surprised that you find it.

If you have video of improper behavior, take it to the Chief, the town council, the media, and to an attorney.

If their actions are inappropriate or unlawful, then I have no problem with them being taken down. But, in all honesty, I'm not going to wade through this or watch the video.

- Carl
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Please, please, please pursue legal recourse against this officer. He's very clearly, at the least, abusing his power. The levels of his threats against you fluctuate based on the existence of your camera. The other officer even knows he's out of line and becomes concerned about your camera.

Please file a complaint before they erase their own video of the incident. This man should not be enforcing his laws.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast