Default Something Thrown at My Car

Driving along state highway in massachusetts minding my own business and some knuckleheads chuck something out their window that strikes my car and leaves some whitish sticky shit on windshield and driver side panels. They proceed to flip me off and laugh as we both pull up to a light. As they sped away I got their plate and took pulled over to take pictures of the sticky shit before I cleaned it off. I filed a police report.

Any possibility I can get them to pay for cleaning and hit em with some sort of misdemeanor that leads to a misdemeanor compromise
    Where they pay for a nice cleaning (I have a luxury sports car)? They arenít that young, so Iím not up for being lenient towards some immature dudes who need to grow up. I havenít seen my car in daylight yet, so I plan to get it cleaned and give it a look over to make sure there isnít any paint issue and/or dents. This happened tonight.

HH

Default Re: Something Thrown at My Car

It’s up to the police to deal with criminal charges.

if you can indemnify the culprit and locate them you are free to file a suit to recover your damages. If you washed it off already it would appear your damages are quite minimal and likely not worth the hassle of suing them. If you discover your damages are greater once you have a chance to view your car in the daylight, you can consider whether it’s worth chasing them for the money.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    if you can indemnify the culprit
    I think auto correct must have got you here, obviously you meant identify the culprit.

Quote Quoting Jonnnn1923
    View Post
    Any possibility I can get them to pay for cleaning
    Sure, if you actually incur any costs to clean it up then you may sue them for reimbursement of those costs. If you can clean it up all yourself and don't pay anything to clean it then you have nothing for which to sue.

Quote Quoting Jonnnn1923
    View Post
    and hit em with some sort of misdemeanor that leads to a misdemeanor compromise
    You filed the police report. That's all you can do. It's now up to the police and prosecutor whether to pursue any charges out of this.

Quote Quoting Taxing Matters
    View Post
    I think auto correct must have got you here, obviously you meant identify the culprit.

yes and thanks.

Since you apparently cleaned it yourself, you aren't entitled to any compensation. Criminal prosecution is entirely up to the police and the district attorney.

hey! so first you need to go to the police and try to identify them and locate their place and get an arrangement with them either they pay you everything or you sue them it's easy :d

Quote Quoting andy213
    View Post
    hey! so first you need to go to the police and try to identify them and locate their place and get an arrangement with them either they pay you everything or you sue them it's easy :d
    Sue them for what? So far the op has not said they have any actual damages.

1. Sponsored Links