Type: Posts; User: GPottsLaw; Keyword(s):

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 0.00 seconds.

  1. Criminal Investigations: Re: Offered to Be Snitch to Get Charges Dropped. Am I Being Lied to by Detectives

    I agree that you need to have an attorney on this. You need to get an experienced criminal defense attorney whom you trust in, because you really need to follow advice. You are leading yourself...
  2. Expungement and Sealing: Re: How to Get an Expungement or Seal of Record

    If you were adjudicated guilty on your offense in Florida or if you have ever been adjudicated guilty of any crime, Florida will not allow you to seal or expunge a charge. However, if you were...
  3. Expungement and Sealing: Re: Sealing or Expunging a Criminal Record in Florida

    It depends upon what crime you were sentenced on and whether or not you had adjudication withheld. There are certain enumerated offenses which are not eligible for sealing or expunction in Florida. ...
  4. Civil Rights Restoration: Re: Recent Federal Conviction and Restoring Rights in Florida

    As to Florida, it is difficult to have your right to possess a firearm restored once you have been adjudicated guilty of a felony. You would need to apply for a restoration of your right to posses a...
  5. Replies

    Divorce: Re: Ex Husband Not Abiding to Decree

    Not sure what state you are in, so you should consult with an experienced divorce attorney in your state. But generally the decree, as an order of the court, should be followed and judges don't like...
  6. Replies

    Divorce: Re: Failure to File Divorce Paperwork

    In Florida you may find that your judge is reluctant to waive mediation; depends on the judge. And you may just end up delaying the case after the judge admonishes your husband for not turning in...
  7. Re: Where Can You Get Help For a False Restraining Order

    I can not tell which state you are in. I agree with the first answer and would like to add that in Florida and many other states you would also have a civil cause of action for malicious prosecution...
  8. Replies

    Post-Conviction Relief: Re: How to Reduce a Felony to a Misdemeanor

    After four years there is no legal basis for reducing that charge. The only way would be for the prosecutor and judge to basically agree to do you a favor and dismiss it and allow you to plead to a...
  9. Replies

    Sex Offenses: Re: Unintended Indecent Exposure

    First of all, you should consult an attorney about this. An experienced criminal defense attorney may be able to speak to the prosecutors who are now reviewing your case for a decision whether or...
  10. Replies

    Re: How to Settle a Defaulted Judgement

    Go see a lawyer in your home state. If you had done that five years ago you might not have ended up with a judgment against you.
  11. Replies

    Service of Process: Re: Motion for Default and Service

    If the defendant in a Florida civil law suit fails to answer the complaint timely and the plaintiff certifies that the defendant is not away on active military duty, then a default is automatic and...
  12. Replies

    Drug Possession: Re: Possession of Marijuana Less Than 20g

    You may have a good issue for a motion to suppress. But you need to talk to your attorney and respect their advice. And please stop being negative about your P.D. In my 23 years as a prosecutor...
  13. Replies

    Re: I Backed into Somebody This Morning

    I wouldn't be too worried about the police. He should have stayed at the scene and called for the police if he wanted to report it so you would get a citation. And he can hardly report you for...
  14. Premises Liability: Re: Being Sued for an Incident in My Company Premises

    If you have insurance you need to report this letter to them and let them respond to it. Insurance should provide you an attorney for any law suit that follow. If you don't have insurance, then you...
  15. Replies

    Background Checks: Re: Feln Warrant and Employment

    If the felony warrant is outstanding it may be a matter of public record, unless the police are keeping it a secret. Certainly any arrest or court proceedings which led to the warrant would be...
  16. Replies

    Debt Collectors: Re: Payment for Debt Owed

    Exactly. Explain to his parents that you want your motorcycle back and have the title, registration and insurance with you. If they refuse, call the police and tell them your bike is being held...
  17. Replies

    Arrest Procedure: Re: Miranda Rights

    Remember what Miranda says from T.V.? You have the right to remain silent... It's only required if the police question you while you are in custody, and even then it's only needed if they try to...
  18. Security Deposits: Re: Can a Landlord Keep a Security Deposit if a Tenant Doesn't Move In

    This is going to be determined by the terms of the lease and by the Florida Landlord Tenant Act. No one is going to be able to give you good answers without reading the lease. There are strict...
  19. Eviction Process: Re: How Can I Evict a Roomate Who Lease is Soon Up But Doesn't Intend to Leave

    This is handled under the Florida Landlord Tenant Act for Residential Tenancies. You should get an attorney to make sure you handle it right, plus if your roomate ignores the notices you will need...
  20. Replies

    Theft and Larceny: Re: Wrong Petit Larceny Charged

    I agree that she needs to seek the advice of an attorney in your state. Theft is a criminal charge that can follow a person around for the rest of their life, not to mention the potential exposure...
  21. Professional Conduct: Re: Improper Investigation from Opposing Attorney

    I can't speak about Maine law, but litigation procedures are often similar from state to state. In Florida it is proper for an attorney to speak to witnesses in a case, unless they are taking a...
  22. Initiation of Charges: Re: Statute of Limitation for a Felony Drug Charge

    It sounds as if you were arrested but formal charges were never brought by the prosecutor. This is likely both a Speedy Trial issue and a Statute of Limitations issue. You need an attorney's advice...
  23. Replies

    Retail Fraud / Shoplifting: Re: Manager Gives Civil Demand Fee on Spot

    You don't say what state this happened in. Be aware that state laws for retail theft and civil theft can vary from state to state, so you should consult with an attorney in your state. Generally,...
  24. Replies

    Suspension and Revocation: Re: Drivers Licensed Revoked After the Fact

    I think that the Division of Driver's Licenses is going to impose the 10 year suspension, because they'll see it as being required under the statute (which it is). If this were considered part of...
  25. Replies

    Retail Fraud / Shoplifting: Re: Didn't Pay for All Merchandise at Self Checkout

    My first advice is to stop posting details of your shoplifting incidents on the internet. Believe it or not, a determined prosecutor could track you down if they wanted to use your confession on...
Results 1 to 25 of 31
Page 1 of 2 1 2