Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Drug Screen Came Back Negative for My Prescriptions

My question involves defamation in the state of: Texas

I am looking for an attorney that can help me with my pain management doctor. He sent me for a drug screening and it was NOT a chain of custody. I am 49 yrs old and in PM since 2001. I went to Quest Diagnostics and my drug screen came back with a weaker medication than I am prescribed (Oxycodone) It came back negative for my prescription I AM prescribed (morphine sulfate, hydrocodone and zanaflex) I called quest and they said they were NEVER wrong and I am out of luck. My dr fired me and now I am seeking a new doctor. I did NOT take ANY other medication than what has been prescribed and I want to fight this. We cant allow these doctors to continue to think they are G-d and write down anything they want and consider it the gospel. I offered to take another drug test on the spot and my doctor said no. I asked for a copy of the report and he said "no, why do you need it" I said because I am entitled to it and by law you must give it to me. I still do not have it. What type of attorney do I need to get this matter straight and off my record. I have had issues with another PM doctor here in town and he has lied about some issues and I have a copy of his records and can prove he is a liar and I feel they are against me.

Default Re: Doctor Mistaking

What has this to do with any kind of defamation suit?
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

I am not sure what type of case I have...that is what IO am asking help with.....What kind of attorney do I need? Is there another place to post this? This goes on MY permanent record and it is a lie. I need to clear this up

Why did your pm doctor send you for a drug screen?

Please understand one very important thing here - by law, your ex doctor is NOT allowed to remove or change information. What CAN happen is that your new tox screen, if taken, can be added (with notation perhaps) to your medical records.
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

Default Re: Drug Screen Came Back Negative for My Prescriptions

I have a drug screen every 6 months.

I had lots of issues with my old PM doc. My wife used to work for him and he "was" a friend. Once she quit he began to mis-treat me. He had me do some consulting for his office and I found out that his PA was writing prescriptions, calling them in at the local pharmacy...getting them filled by some patients and giving them to a college student that worked with him and he was selling them on campus. The student spewed his guts to me one evening and I followed up with some charts and confronted the dr. He told me to mind my own business. I "just" found out that both my old and new PM docs are friends.....just seems strange

It doesn't seem any more strange than the fact that you were sufficiently familiar with your former doctor's P.A. that you learned he was involved in prescription fraud and drug diversion, as well as the college student who was receiving and selling the diverted drugs, and now your blood test suggests that you're diverting the prescriptions you receive from your pain management doctor.

so, if you only took what was prescribed, where did the oxycodone come from? Are you implying the pharmacy swapped meds on you? Since you seem to be so aware of pharmaceuticals, I would guess you probable know what oxycodone pills look like as well as the other meds you claim you were supposed to be taking yet you didn't notice that you were only taking one med while you should have been taking 3 meds.

Something really makes no sense in your claim.

Oh, and anybody that claims they never makes mistakes is lying.

Interesting fact that the meds look alike. I did not connect those dots. I am just in a bind and not sure if I have any recourse in the matter. I do have an appointment with a NEW PM doc that is 90 miles from my own town but its not for another 45 days. Do I have any recourse against the doc? Quest? or am I SOL in this matter. My body will be going through withdrawals as well sometime today due to the fact of being out of medication I have been on for months.

Quote Quoting mintzfred
    View Post
    Interesting fact that the meds look alike. I did not connect those dots. I am just in a bind and not sure if I have any recourse in the matter. I do have an appointment with a NEW PM doc that is 90 miles from my own town but its not for another 45 days. Do I have any recourse against the doc? Quest? or am I SOL in this matter. My body will be going through withdrawals as well sometime today due to the fact of being out of medication I have been on for months.

Quest performed the test and reported the results to the PM Doc. He has no option but to rely on the test results reported to him. What does your contract state about drug testing and the consequences of test results?

The oxycodone and hydrocodone I'm familiar with look different. Oxycodone being round tablets and hydrocodone being a tablet in capsule shape.

As mentioned earlier, your medical record cannot be changed. You are permitted to write a letter stating what you've said here and request that it be added to your record as an addendum.

You are entitled to a copy of your test result. Submit your request in writing. The Physician is permitted to charge a fee for those results. You can also try requesting the results directly from Quest Diagnostics (in writing, of course).

Quote Quoting mintzfred
    View Post
    I went to Quest Diagnostics and my drug screen came back with a weaker medication than I am prescribed (Oxycodone) It came back negative for my prescription I AM prescribed (morphine sulfate, hydrocodone and zanaflex)
    By this, I assume you mean that oxycodone is weaker than hydrocodone? I doubt that you're arguing that it's weaker than morphine sulfate, or that the pills you have are a lower dose. What exact dosages were you prescribed, and what dosage of oxycodone have you been taking?
    Quote Quoting mintzfred
    View Post
    Interesting fact that the meds look alike. I did not connect those dots.
    You stopped taking morphine sulfate and hydrocodone, in favor of what you argue was a weaker dose of oxycodone, and you claim not to have noticed? After nine years?

Pop open those pill bottles, describe the pills and tell us their imprints.

What happened when you called the pharmacy and told them that your three medications had all been filled with look-alike pills of oxycodone?

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast