Default Filling Out I-130 Petition Form

Hi, my husband is U.S. citizen and we are working on filling I-130 for petition. We need to help of how to fill out the application properly.
    Here are questions:
    1. Where is the certificate number in his citizenship paper? Does the number start with a letter “A” ? There are so many numbers in his citizenship paper.
    2. What is “Alien Registration Number” ? In both column, there are TWO blanks asking the same question.
    3. Which USCIS office should I write down ? In No.22, the question is” Your relative is in the United States and will apply for adjustment for status to that of a lawful permanent resident at the USCIS office in: ________ city ______ state. ” Should we write down the city and state related to the place we currently live in?
    Finally, one more question, we will send 3 documents together (I-130, G325A, I-485) to the same USCIS office address. Do you need to fill out the extra form I-765 for employment authorization? Or USCIS will send one to us after they view those 3 documents.

Thanks in advance.

Poor_girl

Default Re: Filling Out I-130 Petition Form

Tell your husband to look at his Certificate of Naturalization. His U.S. citizenship number, an eight digit number, should appear in red ink directly above the word "Naturalization" in the top right-hand corner of his Certificate of Naturalization.

Your Alien Registration Number is also an 8 digit number which you should find in your passport or on forms provided to you by the USCIS.

You would write down the address of the office in which your relative intends to submit his I-485. Read the instructions under "Where Should You File Form I-485?".

If you want to submit form I-765, then submit form I-765. If you prefer to wait, then wait. Again, read the instructions.

Thank you so much for your clarification. It really helps a lot. Just one more small question. In the I-130 form, since my husband is U.S. citenzen now, should he also need to write down his "alien registration number" shown on his poassport? Or just leaving it as blank is ok?

Because we will sumbit G-325A with I-130 and I-485, could you please help us solve the problem below:

In G-325A, it says: " This form is submitted in connection with an application for: _ Naturalization; _ Status as Permanent Resident; _ Other (Specify)"

I believe we should check on different selections. Am I rignt? For my husband, should he check "Other"? If so, how does he specify? What should he write down? For me, should I check "Status as Permanent Resident"? Or we should check on the same selection?

Thanks again for your precious time and attention. You reply will be highly appreciated.

He's a citizen, so his citizenship number should suffice.

It looks like you started a new thread for your other question.

Thanks a lot for your guidance on I-130 form. Is it possible you can help me solve the problem of G325a? Or should I wait to other expert's reply on my another new thread? I do apologize for causing any confusion on the thread.

1. Sponsored Links