Default What's the Impact of My MMI Rating

I have been out from my work related injury for 2 years. I was diagnoised with RSD in 2008. Had 6 sympathetic lumbar injections. (last one gave me paralysis for a week waist down). 5 day hospital stay! Walk with a cane.(did I add I am youngThan later the spinal cord stim gave me a severe allergic reaction, and they litterly had to yank it out the next day. Had my FCE, very nice PT, his comments were harse, but I understand he has a job to do. Anyway to my question. My doctor is filling out my MMI and imairment rating I understand the rating will be 19%. The injured party is my right foot.. What does 19% mean in Florida. Does this mean I am cooked?

Default Re: What's the Impact of My MMI Rating

The 19% refers to your residual injury - you have been deemed 19% disabled out of a possible 100%, and your condition is stable in that you're not expected to get better or worse in the imminent future (most likely 12 months). I understand that in Florida, you'll continue to qualify for medically necessary treatment from your workplace injury post-MMI.

Are you able to return to your prior employment? You may be eligible for permanent impairment benefits for a period of time, based upon your rating. See Florida Statutes, Sec. 440.15(3).
    Quote Quoting Florida Statutes, Sec. 440.15(3)(g)
    (g) Notwithstanding paragraph (c), for accidents occurring on or after October 1, 2003, an employee's entitlement to impairment income benefits begins the day after the employee reaches maximum medical improvement or the expiration of temporary benefits, whichever occurs earlier, and continues for the following periods:
    1. Two weeks of benefits are to be paid to the employee for each percentage point of impairment from 1 percent up to and including 10 percent.

2. For each percentage point of impairment from 11 percent up to and including 15 percent, 3 weeks of benefits are to be paid.

3. For each percentage point of impairment from 16 percent up to and including 20 percent, 4 weeks of benefits are to be paid.

4. For each percentage point of impairment from 21 percent and higher, 6 weeks of benefits are to be paid.

Default Re: What's the Impact of My MMI Rating

Thank you.

1. Sponsored Links