Default Notice Never Received of Driver's License Suspension

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: Pennsylvania

I received a 90day license suspension from PennDot in December of 2008 for a possession of alcohol offense that did not involve driving. The sentence was supposed to begin from the time I turned in my license. The problem is, I never received any notice of this suspension or my sentence - I did receive a fine from a local magistrate, but there was nothing received from PennDot.

In other words, I had absolutely no idea that my license suspended until I tried to renew it because it expired recently. At this point, I found out that it was still suspended.

What kind of grounds do I have for arguing that I should not have to wait 90days until I can receive a new license?

On my PA driving record, these are what activities are listed as most recent:

"ACTION: SUSPENSION FOR 90 DAY(S) EFFECTIVE FEB 10 2009

OFFICIAL NOTICE MAILED JAN 06 2009

POLICE PICKUP ISSUED APR 06 2009 "

Default Re: Notice Never Received of Driver's License Suspension

Well if the notice was mailed, then there is no grounds for argument in Pennsylvania law. All PennDOT is required to do is prove the notice was sent to the last known address.

Did you send your license in now? How about the DL-16 form? Either one of these will start that suspension clock.

If sitting out for 90 days is tough, you can apply for a work license. It will let you get to and from work, school, and doctors during your suspension.

Vince
    License Restoration Services Inc.
    Helping drivers throughout PA with license suspension and Work License issues.

1. Sponsored Links