Default Misdemeanor Warrant Bench Warrant International Travel

My first post here, and this looks like a great site!

I currently live in Florida, and have an outstanding bench warrant for a probation violation in Georgia. With a misdemeanor warrant in place can I travel in and out of the U.S.?

When I try to leave the country, will customs arrest me leaving or coming back into the country??

Thanks for all the advice in advance!

Default Re: Misdemeanor Warrant Bench Warrant International Travel

Quote Quoting Justiceforall
    I currently live in Florida, and have an outstanding bench warrant for a probation violation in Georgia. With a misdemeanor warrant in place can I travel in and out of the U.S.?
    Yes.

Quote Quoting Justiceforall
    When I try to leave the country, will customs arrest me leaving or coming back into the country?
    I can't say that there's no chance that you will be picked up on the warrant, particularly if you return to the U.S. through Georgia. The likelihood of the warrant being detected and your being picked up depend upon, among other things, the severity of the underlying charge, whether the warrant is in the interstate LEIN network, and the pickup radius on the warrant.

Default Re: Misdemeanor Warrant Bench Warrant International Travel

Well I did travel to Europe, and upon my return to New York with my family there was a problem!

I was very nervous, and my wife kept telling me not to worry, and that small little warrant wont effect my passport.

Well when I walked up to the customs counter, the lady would not stamp my passport, and handed off my passport to a customs officer. I was taken to an adjacent room where they asked my if I had an outstanding warrent!

I cooperated, he stamped my passport and told me to get to Georgia and get it taken care of! He stated my warrant was a non extradition warrant for metro Atlanta.

I also have bought and sold and collected firearms. Well with the outstanding misdemeanor warrant, it it plugged into the NCIC. So now
    I cannot pass a background check to get approval to buy a firearm from a registered dealer. Even tho own more guns than most would ever dream of, and served in the military!

I popped a piss test for marijuana on the last day of my probation, I was totally unaware of any urin test for a 0.095 Bac dui would occur.

At this point, I am dying to have my freedoms restored. It is just not very easy to give up time to go out of state to sit in jail for 10 days or more and loose weeks of pay to feed my family.

What a nightmare, that continues! I don't trust blood sucking lawyers , win or loose they always get paid.

I just don't know if my mess could be taken care of here for an out of state or what?

Also when my dirver license came up for renewal in Florida, I got a notice that my license had been susspended! So here goes even more money , another 225.00 to get my license reinstated, and take another driving test!

1. Sponsored Links