Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Unhappy Grandmother Trying to Adopt

My question involves adoption law for the State of Florida:
    Ok my question is, the grandmother of my childeren are trying to adopt my kids. I was incarerated but have always had contact with my childeren. now that I am out doing well is trying to adopt them by using abandonment. She states that she does not need me to do this. The case is in Florida. Also I have been in contact with my girls, I have sent them money and other items and I have filed childsupport on myself. She has only temp custody. I have changed for the better and do not want to lose my girls. Because I am fighting the adoption she has now deined me contact and states if I dont sign I will never see or talk to my girls again. They have been in her care since the ending of 2006. Can someone please help me. I have been calling legal aid and lawyers but no can answer my question.

Default Re: Grandmother Trying to Adopt

Why have you not gotten your children back?
    All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure.
    - Mark Twain

Quote Quoting russellshan@yahoo.com
    View Post
    My question involves adoption law for the State of Florida:
    Ok my question is, the grandmother of my childeren are trying to adopt my kids. I was incarerated but have always had contact with my childeren. now that I am out doing well is trying to adopt them by using abandonment. She states that she does not need me to do this. The case is in Florida. Also I have been in contact with my girls, I have sent them money and other items and I have filed childsupport on myself. She has only temp custody. I have changed for the better and do not want to lose my girls. Because I am fighting the adoption she has now deined me contact and states if I dont sign I will never see or talk to my girls again. They have been in her care since the ending of 2006. Can someone please help me. I have been calling legal aid and lawyers but no can answer my question.
    You really need an attorney for this.

Have you gotten a consult with anyone other than Legal Aid?
    If not, you can get a low cost consult by calling the Florida Bar Lawyer Referral Service at 1-800-342-8011 or online at:
    http://www.floridabar.org/divpgm/lro...rral6?OpenForm

I am trying but she a temp custody I am sure if I can just go down there and get them.

No, if Grandma has temp custody you cannot just go and get the kids; you need to get back to court.
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

I called an attorney on Monday I am trying to raise the money for the detainer, I have only been out 4 months so I just dont have 2500.00 laying around and I have not family to. As of last Friday since I am fightinig the adoption the grandmother has cut all contact, i usually call my girls twice a week. She has threaten to take them and I will never see or hear from them again if I dont sig but i will not

ok I just found out she has temp grandparent custody, I am ordering my papers to have an attorney look at them but does anyone know what temp grandparent custoday constist of in the state of Florida?

Quick question. Where is the other parent?
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

It's exactly what it sounds like - she has a court order granting her temporary custody. If you want to know the terms of the order, you need to get a copy and read it.

he is in prison, I have raised my girls on my own sinc I was 18, util I had some bad things happend and I got into trouble. he has never been in there life and I am sure has no problem siging over his right

my questions is, is going to be easy for her to get me for abannondment. Even thought my kids have been in her care since the end of 2006, I have always had contact even while in prison. I am trying to make every effort to be back in their life, i have even filed childsupport on myself because she would not. Since I have been out i got a job with the State of New Mexico, a 4br house, a new car to prepare for my childeren to come back. I understand parents make mistakes but I dont think I should lose my kids forever.

also I was told that I should contact chikd protective in Florida since she will not let me speak with the girls, I dont know whats going on with them, Is this a good ideal?

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast