Default How Do I File for Divorce if a Child Was Born Before the Marriage

My question involves divorce in the State of: Michigan.

My friend and her boyfriend had a baby before they got married. The baby has her maiden name and even though he is the biological father, he is not on the birth certificate. After a domestic assault issue with him she moved out with the baby. She wants a divorce quick and wants to know if she can file for a divorce without children since they were not married and he is not on the certificate of birth and the baby doesn't even have his last name?

She does not want anything from him except the divorce and cannot afford a lawyer. She has also file the necessary complaints with the police and has a protection order against him for her and the baby.

Any help or a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!
    THANK YOU!

Default Re: How Do I File for Divorce if a Child Was Born Before the Marriage

She will need to be honest with a Divorce Attorney,including the parentage of the baby.

Don't be honest and it comes out later...that attorney is gonna be pissed. And it will give them extra BILLABLE hours to correct the clients dishonesty. It also gives the Baby Daddy's lawyer extra leverage if the other party was not honest.

And if she has been getting aid from DCF and it comes out she lied....it won't be pretty.

Default Re: How Do I File for Divorce if a Child Was Born Before the Marriage

Quote Quoting PandorasBox
    View Post
    She will need to be honest with a Divorce Attorney,including the parentage of the baby.

Don't be honest and it comes out later...that attorney is gonna be pissed. And it will give them extra BILLABLE hours to correct the clients dishonesty. It also gives the Baby Daddy's lawyer extra leverage if the other party was not honest.

And if she has been getting aid from DCF and it comes out she lied....it won't be pretty.
    -
    am amazing with the thread title: filling for the divorce, if a child was born before mirage..
    ~: no blasphemy :~

-------------------------------
    Accommodation Ballina

1. Sponsored Links