Unhappy What Happens when Your Probation Ends and You Still Owe Money

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Georgia
    To make a long story short. i was sentence to a 5 do 1, i completed my year and started probation, during my probation i was charged with one of the 7 deadly sins. when my probation found out he stated that my probation was dismised, meaning that i did not had any more probation (or at least thats what my layes Dennis Schive told ud) then i was found not guilty for that chrage(of cource) and i was release. later after 2 months i was stopped in a traffic routine ang i found aout i had a warrant. so i went to jail, the mistake from the PO office was fixed but since i was an illigal resitent(Mexican) i was deported. now, my probation ends this 11 of april. i have been trying to contact my probation officer with no luck. my question is: i wanna do things rigth. i am a father of two angel and i wanna be a great citicen, what want to know is: if i file for visa and they search, will they find a bench warrant? or lets say they dont search and i come into the USA, if by bad luck i get pulled over, and they run my name, wiill a bench warrant be there for my arrest? all i want is to be with my kids, i might not be a US citizen by birth, but i am by heart. can some one please give me some advice???

thank you in advance!!!

Default Re: What Happens when Your Probation Ends and You Still Owe Money

If you try to get a visa for the United States, you can expect them to be aware of your criminal record, immigration history and any outstanding warrants. You may presently be ineligible to reenter based upon your criminal conviction (I don't know if it's a CIMT or aggravated felony) or due to your period of ineligibility from your deportation.

If you are in the U.S. and are pulled over by the police within the pickup radius for your warrant, you can expect to be arrested on the warrant.

I am not that familiar with immigration but I thought there was a mandatory ban after deportation before re-entry was allowed for such a situation. I had heard 10 years mentioned but as I said, not really familiar with the system.
    I am not an attorney and any advice is not to be construed as legal advice. You might even want to ignore my advice. Actually, there are plenty of real attorneys that you might want to ignore as well.

OK! I have spoken to my probation officer and he stated that there are no warrants for my arrest as of now. but last time i was told the same thing and when i got pulled over i was arrested on site because i had a warrant. How can i know if i have a warrant? Also, i owe $1100 for the probation, my probation ends this month, will that give me any problems, since i am abroad and it is very dificult to pay. what will happen to that debt?

1. Sponsored Links