My question involves a speeding ticket from the State of: Washington
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and I sure appreciate the help. I need advise about an infraction I was issued on the 3rd of this month:
I was pulled over by a motorcycle cop I had just driven by (he was in a parking lot watching traffic) in Lynnwood WA. He asked for my license, insurance, and reg.; all of which were in order. Long story short I was served with a citation for 10 miles over (45 in a 35). Now I have not as of yet made any movement, the citation is still in my possession and I can bide my time until the 16th, by which time I have to have entered a plea. So my questions are:
1. What should I do now? Are there any special avenues of interest I should be pursuing?
2. I have read that if the cop fails to file a report within five days this is grounds for dismissal, is this true or likely?
3. What am I entitled to through discovery and what is important to get?
4. I understand that if I can suppress the cops statement then the court will fail to satisfy the preponderance of evidence; How can I get the cops statement suppressed?
5. What are the terms of the discovery I am entitled to (i.e. at what point in time will the absence of requested discovery become grounds for dismissal?)
Any help would be great, thank you.