Default Running from a Warrant

My question involves an arrest warrant from the State of: Wisconsin

I have a warrant for felony criminal property damage, misdermeanor property damage and misderameanor disorderly conduct. If I run from this warrant and don't worry about it is it a time period when it will go away. They had 6 years to file the warrant and it took them months to do it. So now I have a warrant and want to know if 6 years from now they pick me up can I still be taken to jail?:

Default Re: Running from a Warrant

Warrants don't go away. The statute of limitations stops until you are apprehended. They stay active for 99 years from the date they are entered into the system, or until a death certificate is evidence of your death, or until you are arrested or turn yourself in - whichever comes first.
    Catherine NeSmith
    Executive Director
    AARDVARC.org, Inc.
    http://www.aardvarc.org

Fave Big Bang Theory site: Sheldon Cooper Fans

Get everything in order and turn yourself in. It may help out in the long run, and besides, after you get out of jail/prison and/or pay your fine, etc. won't it be nice to not have to watch your back all the time? Learn from your mistakes.

Thats what I was thinking but it seems like wisconsin has it out for me. I talked to a lawyer and they want 3500 but wont tell me what they can do until i give them the money. They said its up to the da what they give me. I was on probation at the time that this happened. So I am worried that they will throw the book at me/

You understand that unlawful flight to avoid prosecution is a separate crime, chargeable by federal authorities, right?

Quote Quoting kwysocki
    View Post
    Thats what I was thinking but it seems like wisconsin has it out for me. I talked to a lawyer and they want 3500 but wont tell me what they can do until i give them the money. They said its up to the da what they give me. I was on probation at the time that this happened. So I am worried that they will throw the book at me/
    And you think your chances of a fair trial will improve by fleeing?

This can be seen as an admission of guilt.
    All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure.
    - Mark Twain

Quote Quoting kwysocki
    View Post
    If you continue running, yes, they will throw the book at you, and rightly so.

If the attorney you spoke to refuses to tell you what he can do for you until he's got cash in hand, speak with a different attorney. You can contact your local Bar Association for a referral to an attorney, or you can make an appointment with Legal Aid to see if they can help you find someone who will work with you at a low cost.

In any case, running is not the answer.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I play a researcher on the internet!
    Caution: I bite. WARNING: Do not send questions or complaints by PM. I'm likely to post them publicly and embarrass you half to death.
    I'm training for the MS Society's Bike to the Bay - and blogging about it!

1. Sponsored Links