Default Denied Unemployment in Massachusetts

My question involves unemployment benefits for the state of: mass

I am waiting on an appeal and would like to know my chances as I am financially in trouble.

I have been employed for a company for about 15 months until January 19th 2010. The company was understaffed and I was very overwhellemed with work in which my employer understood this. On the 19th, I went to my employers office very upset and stated that I was considering putting in my two week notice, she stated that due to the fact I was so upset that I should go home and sleep on it and that we will discuss it in the morning, I agreed and went home. At 7:25pm that evening I received a call from my employer's husband and he told me that they both discussed the situation and both determined that they wanted to terminate me and that they would ship my personal items to me.

Two days later I received a call asking me to come in on the next Monday to pick my personal items up, in which I did. When I got there on Monday morning the secretary stated that my check was on her desk. I grabbed my check and went to my employers office. In her office I went to her and shook her hand and stated that I did not want it to end this way and wanted to be at least respectfull of the situation. I then stated to her that I would have to file unemployment, in which she got all upset and asked me if I have my check. I told her that I did and she asked for it, I haned it to her. She looked at it and stated that the amount was wrong and removed $700 off of it. She then handed me a packet of papers asking me to sign a volunatry resignation, which I refused to sign. I told her that I did not quit, that the terminated me. She then told me that if I sign the papers that she would not fight me for the unemployment, I still refused to sign and walked out of the building as they would not accept no for an answer.

I filed for unemployment and spoke with a arbitator on the phone and explained all of this to him. Well I received a letter from unemployment denying me of benifits. I appealed, and still waiting for a date.

what do I have for chances at this appeal, I am very upset, financially broke, and have two daughters.

Thank you for reading such a long story
    Brian

Default Re: Denied Unemployment in Massachusetts

What was the basis for the denial?

im sorry, it was:
    "you left your work because you diagreed with the employers work policies. leaving work under these circumstances is voluntary and without good cause attributable to the employing unit. therefore you are disqualified under the above cited section of the law"

Thanks

I can't even begin to guess what your chances are on appeal, sorry. All you can do is file the appeal and see what the DUA says.

1. Sponsored Links