Default In Default on Car Title Loan in Texas

My question involves an auto loan or repossession in the State of: tx
    As of today I am thirty three days (one payment) behind on my car title loan. I have been sick and unable to put in my usual hours at my job, which is partially the reason I fell behind and resorted to a title loan in the first place. My question is: Can the loan company file (and recieve ) any sort of writ or judgement within the next seven days that will force me to give them my car? I would be able to pay them in full by then. Thanks for any advice you all can give me.

Default Re: In Default on Car Title Loan in Texas

You really should be discussing the situation with the lender.

Whether they will (or have already) file(d) is dependent upon the terms of your contract. Most title loans allow for the lender to sue when you fall even one day behind, although many will allow a grace period of a week to ten days.

Call your lender to see if you can salvage the situation.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I play a researcher on the internet!
    Caution: I bite. WARNING: Do not send questions or complaints by PM. I'm likely to post them publicly and embarrass you half to death.
    I'm training for the MS Society's Bike to the Bay - and blogging about it!

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my question, LawResearcherMissy.
    If I could get this information by speaking with the lender I would not have posted my question here.
    I am still trying to find an answer to the question:Can the loan company file (and recieve ) any sort of writ or judgement within the next seven days that will force me to give them my car?
    I have read and reread through my paperwork from the lender and that does not answer my question either. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

We don't have access to the details of your loan agreement, nor do we have access to what your lender's other policies might be.

We have no idea if they have filed for a judgment, nor do we have any idea if they have or will prevail. Certainly, they can, but "can" is a whole other can of worms from "have already done" or "might yet do". We cannot assure you that the repo man won't be in your driveway come tomorrow.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I play a researcher on the internet!
    Caution: I bite. WARNING: Do not send questions or complaints by PM. I'm likely to post them publicly and embarrass you half to death.
    I'm training for the MS Society's Bike to the Bay - and blogging about it!

Yes, thank you, I understand all that. What I'd like to know is: Does anyone out there know how long it generally takes in a Texas court for a lender (once papers have been filed) to recieve a judgement that would bring a sheriff (not a repo man) to my home to take possesion of my vehicle?

Keep in mind this question has nothing to do with my contract. I did not ask if anyone knows the details of my lender's office policies. The question I am asking relates to Texas law and the usual legal procedures in a loan default case such as mine. I have been trying to research this matter online and as anyone who has experience with the law will know, there are endless codes, statutes, footnotes etc. Way too much for me to go through thouroughly in the limited amount of time I have. Thanks for any information you can provide.

1. Sponsored Links