Default Recording Conversations at Work

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: Colorado

I live and work in Colorado. I believe that Colorado is one of the "one party" states which allows someone to record a conversation that they are an active participant in.

For the past 3 years or so I've been recording just about every conversation I've had with management. I am a supervisor with several direct reports. My manager is the one who I've caught several times making very inappropriate statements. Here are 3 of those...

1) We were hiring several people in our department. I was involved in interviewing the applicants. One of the applicants was Asian. I conducted his second interview. His first interview was with my manager. During a meeting I was in, the manager and all of us supervisors were discussing the interviews and the applicants. I mentioned the applicants name and the manager asked, "Is he the weird looking Asian guy?"

2) Once while having a heated discussion with a coworker, she threatened to murder me. I didn't record that conversation but several other people heard it. I told our manager about it while secretly recording the conversation and she said, "I'm sure she was joking." She said this after she giggled for a second.

3) This same coworker who threatened me also likes to bully, yell at and intimidate others. Our company has a strict policy against this behavior. One of my direct reports came to me in tears because the abusive employee yelled at and humiliated her. I presented this information to our manager while secretly recording the conversation and she said, "You need to tell your team to grow a backbone."

Now I believe my employer is getting ready to fire me. Do you think I have a case against the employer?

Default Re: Recording Conversations at Work

1) We were hiring several people in our department. I was involved in interviewing the applicants. One of the applicants was Asian. I conducted his second interview. His first interview was with my manager. During a meeting I was in, the manager and all of us supervisors were discussing the interviews and the applicants. I mentioned the applicants name and the manager asked, "Is he the weird looking Asian guy?"
    what is inappropriate about that? Unless the guy wasn't weird nor Asian. He merely was identifying the guy.

2) Once while having a heated discussion with a coworker, she threatened to murder me. I didn't record that conversation but several other people heard it. I told our manager about it while secretly recording the conversation and she said, "I'm sure she was joking." She said this after she giggled for a second.
    and the point is?

3) This same coworker who threatened me also likes to bully, yell at and intimidate others. Our company has a strict policy against this behavior. One of my direct reports came to me in tears because the abusive employee yelled at and humiliated her. I presented this information to our manager while secretly recording the conversation and she said, "You need to tell your team to grow a backbone."
    and the point is?

Now I believe my employer is getting ready to fire me. Do you think I have a case against the employer?
    a case for what?

1. Sponsored Links