Default First offense simple assault charge

I should have known better but this chic made false accusations about me to a friend of mine and i went to confront her...no fighting accured ..I just called her bluff and she called the police ...Im not a known trouble maker and I have a clean record however I went to court today and was told to come back June 1st because noone showed up...I went to jail 3 hours and bonded out..what i need to know is what i can do to make this as painless as possible ..like i said im not a trouble maker and im in college so being this is my first time with a charge..does anyone know what im looking at and is there anything i can do to keep this off my record..and this chic has a track record..druggie ect ect ..shes been to court alot so how do i get out of this ...I learned my lesson about turning the other cheek :P ...please help! Again I didnt touch her just a finger in face and yelling ...

If you are falsely accused, it makes sense to work with a criminal defense lawyer to defend against the charges. If you cannot afford a lawyer, you should consider petitioning for a court-appointed lawyer.

Default simple assualt

well of course its her word against mine and just threating her is considering simple assualt in Tenn however because i bailed out the court wont appoint me a lawyer what kind of punishment am i looking at with this being my first time in trouble

First offenders for assault usually get probation, fines, and possibly community service, but individual mileage may vary - if you want an accurate estimate of your sentence, you need to consult a local lawyer.

1. Sponsored Links