Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Ptsd Due to an Attack by My Ex Husband

    State of Illinois.

    Am I able to seek assistance from the state for therapy? I was given a form to fill out last year in April right before he went to prison. I had the opportunity to recieve assistance due to his abuse against me. I declined at the time due to my employer paying for my therapy last year. Now they are going to stop paying. I have been diagnosed with PTSD due to his abuse and now I cant afford to keep going to therapy. Do I qualify for aide maybe under the Crime Victims Compensation Act?

    exhusband went to prison for Burglary (not against me) and possesion of a stolen gun if that helps anything

    I really need to continue in therapy but I cant afford it. What can I do?.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Ptsd Due to an Attack by My Ex Husband

    If you are identified as the victim in a police report, AND cooperated with police/the state in pursuing criminal charges against the offender, you would probably qualify. In Illinois, you've got to file for the assistance within 2 years of the date of the crime or within 1 year of the criminal indictment, whichever is later.

    You can find the information, requirements, etc. at:
    Catherine NeSmith
    Executive Director, Inc.

    Fave Big Bang Theory site: Sheldon Cooper Fans

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Deprivation of Civil Rights: PTSD Symptoms from Unwitting Involvement in Military Drill
    By seanmartinez in forum Civil Rights
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-30-2010, 04:04 PM
  2. Alienation of Affection: Can I Sue My Ex for PTSD Due to Abuse and His Cheating
    By mandamoo32 in forum Divorce, Annulment and Separation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-04-2010, 12:41 PM
  3. Traffic Accidents: PTSD Caused By Serious Accident On Interstate
    By shelbydakota in forum Accidents and Injuries
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-10-2008, 04:23 PM
  4. Divorce: Bringing Up PTSD In Court
    By 525601minutes in forum Divorce, Annulment and Separation
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-22-2008, 09:43 AM
  5. Deprivation of Civil Rights: PTSD Due to Negligence by Jailers
    By norcal in forum Civil Rights
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-11-2007, 05:48 PM
Forum Sponsor
Criminal Defense Attorney
Protect your freedom. Consult a criminal defense lawyer for free.

Untitled Document