We are currently being investigated by Columbus Police Department in Columbus, Ohio. Our daughter had little bruises on her at her one month appointment and I asked her doctor what they could be from because I thought she had a blood disorder. Well the doctor ran tests and there was nothing and so we ALL assumed she had sensitive skin or maybe it was from her carseat or swing buckles. The 2nd month of life she didn't have anything wrong with her, no bruising. Then the beginning of november we started seeing little ones on her face and so once again i called her pediatrician to see if we could get her in but they couldn't get her in until dec. 2nd. They had told us that if they go away then wait until her appointment and bring her in and they'll do more tests but if they go away and come back or just don't go away at all take her to the emergency room. They did go away but then came back once again. Also we noticed a soft spot on the back of her head that was there when she was little but should have went away by now plus she was having reflux as usual and I wanted something done about it as soon as possible. So we took her to Childrens hospital. As soon as we got there we told them about the bruising and the reflux (which before we left the hospital they had only put down bruising and not reflux). When the resident doctor came in I had her feel my daughters soft spot and she said it was normal because their skulls changes a lot while they grow. But then they did a cat scan and found that she had a fractured skull and ribs. So long story short CPS got involved and made her go live with aunt until they found out who did it. My great grand-mother who took care of her 99% of the time took a lie detector test and passed so the detective cleared her. The original case plan we signed said that her father and I have to finish parenting classes and cooperate with CPD in completing their investigation. This detective has had it out for her father since the beginning and he has never even met us. I had given him a list of people who helped take care of her and he ignored them and went straight for him. Her father sliced his arm open a few years ago and we have a paper from the doctor saying basically that he has accute tightness when his arm is extended, which we believe may have caused her ribs. But her skull we all have no clue about. We are currently waiting on a test for osteogenisis imperfecta (brittle bone disease) which we've been waiting on since Nov. 23rd. It would explain everything but will not be back until Feb. 15th or so. But I don't know what to do, what to think. Today on 1/26/10 CPS ended the safety plan and allowed her father and I to move back in with our daughter but her father is not allowed to have un-supervised contact with her, mind you I have not taken my polygraph test yet. We cannot afford an attorney that expects payment up front. All we have is 500 dollars which gets you no where with an attorney. They are planning on charging her father, I mean innocent man is facing 8 years to life because of a lazy ass detective not doing his job and investigating everyone who had something to do with her and going straight for the father. My question is do I HAVE to take my polygraph test just because I signed the case plan that says I will cooperate with CPD to complete their investigation? He said he will arrest me if I do not take it. My daughter is with us, and from the beggining that is what the detective said we had to do to get her back. I suffer from anxiety and I am terribly nervous that I am going to fail as her father did, even though he was never alone with the baby to begin with. I did not hurt my daughter but I even had to join online schooling because of my anxiety but I just don't know any way to get out of taking this polygraph without getting our daughter taken again. Is there any references to cheaper attorneys I can have, and what advice can you offer?