Default Unlicensed amd uninsured driver

I got in a car accident which the other driver drove under red light and my car crash onto his car in the interesection. The other driver got a fake wittness and I got a wittness. The police can't determine whose fault. Three months later, the other driver got a car insurance company. My insurance company and his insurance company can't settle whose fault it is. Right before the end of 2 yrs, the other driver and the passengers inside sue me for their medical claim and also the car repair bills. Can the other driver and the passenger claim on me when the other driver was unlicense and uninsured during the car accident?

It depends upon state law. Your insurance company should defend you against the claim, and raise as a defense any legal barrier that may exist under your state's laws to their suing you under the circumstances.

Default The unlicensed and uninsured driver (Car accident in L.A)

Regarding to the unlicensed and uninsured driver in the car accident i mentioned last time, it was happend in Los Angeles. So can that driver and the passengers inside sue me for medical claim and car repairs claim too.

"I got in a car accident which the other driver drove under red light and my car crash onto his car in the interesection. The other driver got a fake wittness and I got a wittness. The police can't determine whose fault. Three months later, the other driver got a car insurance company. My insurance company and his insurance company can't settle whose fault it is. Right before the end of 2 yrs, the other driver and the passengers inside sue me for their medical claim and also the car repair bills. Can the other driver and the passenger claim on me when the other driver was unlicense and uninsured during the car accident?"

Default Re: The unlicensed and uninsured driver (Car accident in L.A)

Hello,

I'm sorta of in the same sistuation. I was in a car accident w/out lic. & insurance (I know big "no no") Police report states that it was my fault since the driver was on an arterial street and I was making a right turn at a stop sign. Even though she hit my car at the front left in and my car is damage, I'm still at fault because I was told I should have seen her coming. I did not seen her coming due to bad rain that day and she should have seen me and slowed down.

To make a long story short.... the accident happened on April 8th & on May 8th I got a letter from her attorney stating to provide insurance information so they can investigate the loss of the person's car. Well, they already have a copy of the police report so they would know that I didn't have insurance and I believe she's trying to sue me for a medical claim. She was 38 weeks at the time of the incident. The officer told me that the woman was fine and was released the same day with no injuries. She just complained that her back was hurting. When I went to go get my car out of impound, she came in just before I left. She saw me and asked me if I was the person who was in the accident with her and I said yes. She said she had the baby 3 days later and the baby was fine, the baby happened to be in the car that she came in when she came to check on her car. I also saw her not to long ago downtown walking with her baby.

I find it awfully odd that she's trying to sue me because she didn't have insurance as well, now she trying to claim that her car is at a loss and my car isn't even drivable. She may be also trying to sue for medial attention or bill.

The letter says I should reply within 7 business days or they file a law suit at my county's superior court. I'm not sure what's going to happen next.

Should I try to sue her? I mean I don't want to but if she's suing me and she didn't have insurance either then...

I'm at a lost. Scared and what will happen if she does sue?

1. Sponsored Links