Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How Do I Get a Abusive Husband Deported

i am from anchorage alaska,and i was married in egypt in 2004. now we r in the usa. he has become physically mentally abusive. we have 2 small chlidren and i cant have them rasied in this marriage. i dont know how to get a devorice. if i can devorce him here or send out for papers in egypt? he will get his citizenship in 2 yrs please i need help

Default Re: How Do I Get a Abusive Husband Deported

Quote Quoting alaskangirl
    View Post
    i am from anchorage alaska,and i was married in egypt in 2004. now we r in the usa. he has become physically mentally abusive. we have 2 small chlidren and i cant have them rasied in this marriage. i dont know how to get a devorice. if i can devorce him here or send out for papers in egypt? he will get his citizenship in 2 yrs please i need help
    Call the police when he gets abusive. Please remember though, he is still the father of these two children and when/if you divorce him, he will have time with his children.

Quote Quoting alaskangirl
    View Post
    i know to call the police but he the thing he doest care at all. when he does these out of control tempers and mental abuse he doest care about the kids he tells them to go away and shuts the door on them it confuses them and hurts them deeply. he doest know wht he is doing to his kids. any way that doest answer my question how do i "get him back to egypt?" ill feel safer if he is back in his own country

You can divorce in the US. You cannot just have him removed as he has a green card. You need a family law attorney to assist you with the divorce. Your best option is to call the domestic violence hotline in your city and ask for help. They will have information about the specific resources and agencies in your home city.

If he has his permanent green card, then they will not deport him for spousal abuse. But if he only has the two year (temporary green card), then he will be deported by the time he goes for the permanent card interview; as he would no longer be married to you.

Which one of the green cards does he have?

You don't have any power and control over his life. Just because you have US citizenship, doesn't make you his master/owner... If he is abusive, you have to get the police involved, seek help from organisations that deal with domestic violence. You may obtain an order of protection against him. But if at any point in time, you consider yourself above your husband because he is an immigrant and you are not, and you try to use that advantage point against him, then is called abuse - on your part! (...I am speaking/writing from my own life experience and the laws in US).

I am a US Citizen and sponsored my husband from Pakistan. He was abusive and threatened to take my two boys back to pakistan without my knowledge. I kept taking his abuse, until the day he blessed me with a divorce. He filed for a divorce exactly a month after he got his greencard. He told me that this was whole a facade to fool the INS. After that, I filed for all the assault charges, my miscarriage and got the police involved. I got a hold of them and they said that the best thing would be to file for a protective order against him. I did, now he is not allowed within a 100 feet of me or my children. And until the divorce is final, we highly doubt that he'll still be here. I am confident that he will be deported by the time of the hearing. If you have any further questions, please email me at ozzgurl4u@yahoo.com

You are in a very difficult situation. You want to get away from this man. Unfortunately, to take the legal route of divorce and obtaining custody, you need perhaps tens of thousands of dollars and you will probably lose in family court - these men are often very good liars. And he will likely never pay you a cent in support. Also, it is very difficult to get such men deported.

Are you still living with him? First of all tell him nothing about your plans to leave him. Men often go ballistic if they hear you are planning to leave. If the marriage is bad, the separation is a many times worse - an absolute nightmare!

You need to keep him from obtaining citizenship - at least without citizenship there is still hope you can get him deported. You should write to all government agencies involved (USCIS, Customs and Border Protection, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Homeland Security) and let them know about the abuse that is happening - at least this way, hopefully, your letter will be put into a file and his application for citizenship will be denied. If the police have been called, send the agencies copies of the police reports (the police usually charge only a nominal sum for copies). What does he do for a living? Does he work for cash under the table? Does he send money to Egypt? If so, you must say this in your letters. If you can make copies of any bank wires or Western Union transfers, you should send these also to the government agencies I mentioned, as well as the U.S. Treasury’s IRS Criminal Investigations Division. Anything that he does you think might be illegal, report him! If he threatens you, directly or indirectly through his friends or veils his threats with indirect language, report him. IF ANY OF THESE AGENCIES HAS OFFICES CLOSE BY, VISIT THEM IN PERSON. Describe to the agents vividly the abuse that has occurred. They will definitely talk with you and give you some ideas. The local police, however, are your front-line friends. Report everything to them - no matter how insignificant. And do not make the mistake of thinking because you don’t have proof, you won’t have a chance with the police. They take reports of crime seriously.

You might be able to keep him away from you, for a short while, if you call the police when he assaults you. They might place him under arrest. If they decide to press charges, they or the district attorney might issue him an order barring him from coming near you. You can also try getting a protective order - I am not familiar with Alaska’s rules, but if he is a good liar you might not be lucky enough to get one. If you do get such an order, if he violates it, he will be arrested. See http://www.womenslaw.org/laws_state_...&state_code=AK
    Unfortunately, however, the man might make up a story and take away your children and claim you are the abuser. This is what often happens. He might even bring some of his friends to testify and they will claim you beat him! Something along these lines happened to me.

From personal experience, however, I would tell you that fighting these men is almost like fighting to the death. If you absolutely must remain where you are, and cannot leave, you must fight. Otherwise, it might be better to just disappear with the children - have your mail forwarded to the address of a person you are sure will not talk. Do you have any relatives in another state who might help you? You could just disappear with the children and try to make a new life for yourself in a far away state. You might still live in fear, but at least you will be safer than if you remain near him.

Quote Quoting GaileIrene
    View Post
    You are in a very difficult situation. You want to get away from this man. Unfortunately, to take the legal route of divorce and obtaining custody, you need perhaps tens of thousands of dollars and you will probably lose in family court - these men are often very good liars. And he will likely never pay you a cent in support. Also, it is very difficult to get such men deported.

Are you still living with him? First of all tell him nothing about your plans to leave him. Men often go ballistic if they hear you are planning to leave. If the marriage is bad, the separation is a many times worse - an absolute nightmare!

You need to keep him from obtaining citizenship - at least without citizenship there is still hope you can get him deported. You should write to all government agencies involved (USCIS, Customs and Border Protection, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Homeland Security) and let them know about the abuse that is happening - at least this way, hopefully, your letter will be put into a file and his application for citizenship will be denied. If the police have been called, send the agencies copies of the police reports (the police usually charge only a nominal sum for copies). What does he do for a living? Does he work for cash under the table? Does he send money to Egypt? If so, you must say this in your letters. If you can make copies of any bank wires or Western Union transfers, you should send these also to the government agencies I mentioned, as well as the U.S. Treasury’s IRS Criminal Investigations Division. Anything that he does you think might be illegal, report him! If he threatens you, directly or indirectly through his friends or veils his threats with indirect language, report him. IF ANY OF THESE AGENCIES HAS OFFICES CLOSE BY, VISIT THEM IN PERSON. Describe to the agents vividly the abuse that has occurred. They will definitely talk with you and give you some ideas. The local police, however, are your front-line friends. Report everything to them - no matter how insignificant. And do not make the mistake of thinking because you don’t have proof, you won’t have a chance with the police. They take reports of crime seriously.

You might be able to keep him away from you, for a short while, if you call the police when he assaults you. They might place him under arrest. If they decide to press charges, they or the district attorney might issue him an order barring him from coming near you. You can also try getting a protective order - I am not familiar with Alaska’s rules, but if he is a good liar you might not be lucky enough to get one. If you do get such an order, if he violates it, he will be arrested. See http://www.womenslaw.org/laws_state_...&state_code=AK
    Unfortunately, however, the man might make up a story and take away your children and claim you are the abuser. This is what often happens. He might even bring some of his friends to testify and they will claim you beat him! Something along these lines happened to me.

From personal experience, however, I would tell you that fighting these men is almost like fighting to the death. If you absolutely must remain where you are, and cannot leave, you must fight. Otherwise, it might be better to just disappear with the children - have your mail forwarded to the address of a person you are sure will not talk. Do you have any relatives in another state who might help you? You could just disappear with the children and try to make a new life for yourself in a far away state. You might still live in fear, but at least you will be safer than if you remain near him.

There is absolutely no way a letter will prevent a legal resident from naturalizing. It's just not happening unless there is PROOF of wrongdoing.

Do you realize how many bitter spouses make such reports to USCIS/ICE?

Do you realize how often these reports and letters are simply discarded?
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    There is absolutely no way a letter will prevent a legal resident from naturalizing. It's just not happening unless there is PROOF of wrongdoing.

Do you realize how many bitter spouses make such reports to USCIS/ICE?

She is a victim of abuse - should she just let him beat her up and take the kids away? (There's a very real danger of kidnapping to Egypt in any such marriage that falls apart.) I told her what to do. Yes, it is hard work. The first federal agent I encountered gave me some advice and told me to "report everything". I did. Eventually my nightmare "disappeared" - shortly after I again contacted government agents. He's been gone for almost 3 years now.

Like I said, if the situation is that bad, she's not strong enough to fight him, or can't get any evidence, she has the option of just disappearing herself.

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    My first letter started an investigation of him - that alone was enough to delay an automatic rubber stamping of his citizenship application.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast