Post How Much Time Can You Get

HOW MUCH TIME CAN YOU GET FOR AN ASSAULT WITH BOD. INJURY ON A PUBLIC SERVANT IN THE STATE OF TEXAS, I NOTICE MOST PEOPLE HAVE MULIPLE CHARGES ALONG WITH THIS ONE,BUT WHAT IF SOME HAS THIS ONE CHARGE HOW MUCH TIME CAN THEY BE LOOKING AT ?

Default Re: How Much Time Can You Get

As you were told in your other thread, the penalty can be up to ten years in prison - but it's potentially more if you're a habitual offender.

if you have had several offenses for drug cases and this is you first assault case, and your under mental health does the judge have access to that info.

Again, the penalty can be up to ten years in prison - but it's potentially more if you're a habitual offender.

I think the attoerney needs to present the medical evidence. It's not something that excuses him from a crime but it can be used as a defense if it were to go to trial.

He had been fighting threw MHMRA to get ssi and he got denied for the 5th time and I know he was down, instead of taking his medicine with the bottle says "do not take with alcohol" he had a drink and it caused him to go off and because I have two children I called for the Mental Health Team to come out but they sent HPD and I tried to show the officer his medicine and she tried to get him to step outside and talk to her and he just refuse to go and because she was a short female officer she had to call for back up and when this tall white officer came threw the door he just ran to tackle him and they were tugging and wrestling and they finally tassered him and took him in and at first the officer kept asking me to give her a charge like she ask me did he trespass or did he hit you, I replied the truth no, he just went into a rage and now hes facing assault with bodily injury to a public servant....

has anyone tried negotiating a plea with the prosecutor?? You should probobly get all his medical records and the medication records. Show it to the prosecutor or have the lawyer do it. Prosecutor might be able to check with toxicologist whos opinion usually isn't that great. What you need is a forensic phsychologist who can say that he couldn't form an intent with the medications he was taking mixed with alcohol. Then they might take it easy on him.

Well here is the end to this story, my boyfriend went to court today and he actually got a good court appointed lawyer who did more then went over to his friend the DA and said give me what you got,he looked into the case and he might be released this month, they are evaluating him,see they said the police officers had no right come in without medical- personal, they were not trained to handle a MHMRA situations and because of that he'll be released but they are evaulating him to make sure that he doesn't need to go to the Mental Ward instead of just going home, so this story has a happier ending I was just sure they were gonna lock him up and give him 2- 10 years or like this ass hole senior offical said since he's an repeater offender, more than that, but oh well good luck on everyones situation and good bye...

Quote Quoting brittne
    View Post
    I was just sure they were gonna lock him up and give him 2- 10 years or like this ass hole senior offical said since he's an repeater offender, more than that, but oh well good luck on everyones situation and good bye...
    I'm not sure if you're insulting the person who correctly answered the question you asked, or if you mean something else by "ass hole senior offical"; but note that if you don't like the correct answer to your question, it's not the fault of the person giving the answer.

1. Sponsored Links