1. a wooden pallet fell on the road in front of me
2. I stopped to avoid running over it. I really didn't stop all that fast
3. Person behind me was tailgating me and rear ended me
4. Person who rear ended me was issued a ticket for failure to maintain a close distance and I was not issued any tickets.
5. OTher party's insurance company is trying to say it was an unavoidable obstruction and so it's no one's fault
I'm thinking about suing the insurance company. I live in Texas. I can't see how someone can follow way to close and rear end me like that. Does anyone know if they can actually get away with this?