Default Can Creditors Freeze or Garnish Paypal, or an Online Bank Account

My questions involve judgment recovery in the State of: Louisiana

Hi everyone & thanks in advance for the responses! I just skimmed all 28 pages of posts & did a search but didn't turn up any really helpful answers for my situation. I was issued a summons from NCO in May 2007 & a default judgment was served in May 2008. I was never issued a subpoena for a debtor exam.

My question is did NCO conduct their own asset check & found that I didn't have any assets at that time & that is why there was a year delay between the summons & judgment? I can still be served for a debtor exam anytime correct?

I just checked my credit report & I have no collections on file & this judgment is not listed but I know that doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. The date reported on this negative account & another closed credit card account that was "charged off" has been changed to 11/2009. The last year of delinquency for these two accounts is 2005 both in the amounts of over $10,000 if that matters. I have not received any recent mailings or phone calls from any collectors.

Was the "date reported" updated because NCO possibly tried an asset check again in 11/2009? Does anyone know what the creditors do during this "date reported" time that updates the date on a credit report or is this just an automatic kind of thing?

I currently still have no assets and only use cash. I have been selling on EBAY but a partner of mine has been handling all of the Paypal payments. Now my partner has to move & the bank account linked to Paypal will have to be closed. I have not tried to open an account in person recently but I am thinking of trying to open an online account but fear that the judgment will levy any account.

Eventually the collectors will find any online/local branch or savings/checking account I open by my social security number right?

Final question is can the judgment put a freeze or levy money in a Paypal account with my name on it?

Default Re: Can Creditors Freeze or Garnish Paypal, or an Online Bank Account

Yes, of course.

Thanks for the response but "Yes of course" to the freezing of an online bank account or Paypal question or both?

Paypal isn't a bank though?

He means yes to both.

PayPal is not a bank, no, but the money in the account is considered an asset, and can be taken.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I play a researcher on the internet!
    Caution: I bite. WARNING: Do not send questions or complaints by PM. I'm likely to post them publicly and embarrass you half to death.
    I'm training for the MS Society's Bike to the Bay - and blogging about it!

Ok thanks for clearing that up.

Merry Christmas!

1. Sponsored Links