Default What Does "Notwithstanding Anything to the Contrary" Mean

I'm looking at a master policy, loaded up with obligations and agreements between seller and purchaser, and then comes the verbiage "Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement..." In English, please...what exactly does that phrase mean, as it appears to preceed a series of loopholes. I guess what I need someone to do is to rephrase "Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement..." into layman's terms. I am aware that "Notwithstanding" can mean anything from "Despite" to "Having Said That". Thanks in advance for your help.

Default Re: Do "Notwithstanding Anything to the Contrary in Sections and 8206;8" And

"Notwithstanding any thing to the contrary" means that the clause following it shall supersede and prevail over any thing contrary to this clause. Any thing that contradicts or withstands this clause shall be ineffective and inoperative qua this clause.

1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

1. Debt Collectors: Can a Collection Agency Try to Collect a "Debt" if I Wrote "Paid in Full" on a Bill
    By tipper369 in forum Debts and Collections
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-27-2010, 11:02 AM
  2. Eviction Process: Oral Lease With No Money Paid nor Proof of Residency. Can I "Evict" This "Tenant"
    By trashyvocabmom in forum Eviction
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-19-2010, 04:24 AM
  3. Defamation: Do Big Businesses Ever Press Charges or Claim "Harassment" to "Save Their Backside"
    By shafted in forum Defamation, Slander And Libel
    Last Post: 05-24-2010, 10:03 PM
  4. Business Issues: "Notwithstanding Anything to the Contrary" vs. "Notwithstanding"
    By rapallomarina in forum Business Law
    Last Post: 09-01-2009, 07:09 AM
  5. Naturalization: Do Paid Speeding or Parking Tickets Count As "Charged" or "Convicted" on N-400
    By WhoRunTings in forum Permanent Residency and Naturalization
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-02-2009, 06:47 AM