This question is concerning an eviction notice I received in Texas. We just moved to this state and apt in Sept 2009. Our Sept & Oct rent was paid on time. Our Nov rent was late and we incurred a late fee that carried over into Dec rent due total. Our rent is due by the 3rd of the month. Yesterday we got the 3 day Notice to Vacate for Non-Payment of Rent. My boyfriend has had a really hard time finding a job and I am on SSDI. Like everyone else money is tight to non-existent and our eviction will mean we will be homeless. My questions are these:
• Is there anywhere in Texas (Dallas area) we can go for help? Financial or Legal?
• My boyfriend got a job painting someone’s house but will not get paid for this job before the 3 days are up. He spoke to the landlord and they said we must pay in three days no excuses. Do we have any leeway? If we pay in 7 days and the court papers are filed will a judge still allow them to evict us?
• Generally how long after the three day period is the Sheriff/Law enforcement officer dispatched to the house?
• Will the Sheriff lock us out of the apt?
• Generally how long after the Sheriff/Law enforcement officer is dispatched to the house will the court trial be?
Thanks I really appreciate any help that you can give us.