My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: Kansas
I have verbally accepted an offer for a job on the phone and I meet with HR to do paperwork, etc. tomorrow, but I am waiting to hear from another job that I interviewed for that I like better. They were to make their decision today but had more interviews that came up last Friday. Now they won't make their decision until Wednesday. What do I do? Should I go to the HR meeting tomorrow with the job offer I accepted verbally and just not sign anything expressing that I need more time to think about it, in hopes of getting an acceptance from the other more desirable job, or should I just accept the position in writing that I already verbally accepted? I know that if I accept in writing and then renege it would be seriously more unethical than just asking for more time to consider the position after I have already verbally accepted. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.