My question involves criminal law for the state of: CA.
I was sentence to do 30 days of community service through Caltrans for a 2nd DUI. I have paid all fines and completed all other programs except Caltrans (BTW, I no longer drink period!!). I already received one extension. The judge did state that no more extension would be granted on my last court date. However, I will only have 20 of the 30 days done by my next court date. Therefore I have the following questions:
1. What are my chances of getting another extension in Glendale, CA?
2. Should I ask for the extension now rather than wait till the already set court date?
3. Does anyone know if I can perform my community service in more than one place at the same time? I'm willing to do 7 days a week and go anywhere!
4. Does anyone know where community service is available on weekends?
5. Am I facing jail time? If so, how much is likely to be my sentence?
6. Should I hire an attorney?
7. If I ask for an extension, will it look more favorable if I volunteer to do an additional 5 for granting the extension?
Please help. I am really worried!!