Question What to Call a "Wet Reckless" on an Employment Application

My question involves a background check in the State of: California

I plead no contest to a "wet reckless" earlier this year for an incident over a year ago. On an employment application, it is asking for any misdemeanors on my record. My question is just what to put there? I'm under the impression that technically "wet reckless" is not the actual name of the conviction. That it is actually just "reckless driving" but priorable if i get a 2nd DUI.

Default Re: What to Call a "Wet Reckless" on an Employment Application

In Ca. a wet reckless is a misdemeanor charge, and carries less severe court punishment than a DUI conviction.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

Wet reckless describes a reckless driving (CVC 23103) charge, subject to the enhanced sentencing provisions of CVC 23103.5. I would assume that's what happened in your case, but of course cannot access your records to verify.

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, the charge was CVC 23103.5. So on the application, I should say that it was "reckless driving enhanced with CVC 23103.5"?

A wet reckless is a misdemeanor charge, and carries less severe court punishment than a DUI conviction.
    http://www.californiaduihelp.com/cri...kless_plea.asp

quote aaron: A "wet reckless" driving conviction in California is a criminal misdemeanor, and thus it very well could show up as part of a background check.
    http://www.expertlaw.com:80/forums/s...ead.php?t=9372
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

1. Sponsored Links