Default Car Accident with No License

i was in a car accident and i didnt have a license. the other driver was at fault, got a ticket. i got a ticket for no license. can i get sued and can i sue ??

Default Sure

I think you could both sue each other for anything you want. However, you could sue for damages since he was deemed to be at fault....I can't imagine what the other driver could sue you for...

Oh? My daughter rear-ended a woman a few years back. It was dark and the woman had no taillights. She also had a suspended license (and, of course, had no insurance). Although my daughter got a traffic ticket for "following too close", the other woman got misdemeanor tickets for both offenses and had to wait at the police station for several hours for someone to pick her up.

Our insurance company refused to pay the entire cost to have this other woman's car fixed, arguing that although the accident was "legally" my daughter's fault, it would not have occurred at all had the other driver obeyed the law and not been driving, thus she substantially contributed. That was the last I heard about the case, and I'm assuming that was the final resolution.

I don't know what state you're in, but the other driver might be able to sue you for at least a part of any damages they incurred simply because you shouldn't have been in that place at that time. If it were me, I probably wouldn't initiate the suit, but I'd certainly counter-sue -- if you sued me.

Default Tail lights

It would seem to me that, in that instance, having no tail lights would be considered a huge factor but the lack of a license or insurance would be of no consideration, whatsoever.

1. Sponsored Links