Default Friend Owes Me Money

My question involves small claims court in the state of: maryland

I paid for a trip to florida for a friend and I in July with the promise that he would pay me back for hotel and airfare. While in Florida, his wallet was stolen and I loaned him another $300. He owes me a total of $700 and said he would pay me back on September 19th. I have tried numerous times to get in contact with him and he avoids my phone calls and text messages. He is receving them because he relays messages through a mutual friend. Yes, childish, I know.

I have a friend who witnessed these transactions and can testify that he saw the transactions take place and heard my friend promise to pay me back.

Do I have a case? Would I be wasting my time? I want to get judgement and garnish his paycheck. Thanks

Default Re: Friend Owes Me Money

Quote Quoting wcan
    View Post
    My question involves small claims court in the state of: maryland

I paid for a trip to florida for a friend and I in July with the promise that he would pay me back for hotel and airfare. While in Florida, his wallet was stolen and I loaned him another $300. He owes me a total of $700 and said he would pay me back on September 19th. I have tried numerous times to get in contact with him and he avoids my phone calls and text messages. He is receving them because he relays messages through a mutual friend. Yes, childish, I know.

I have a friend who witnessed these transactions and can testify that he saw the transactions take place and heard my friend promise to pay me back.

Do I have a case? Would I be wasting my time? I want to get judgement and garnish his paycheck. Thanks
    Sure you have a case. We don't have a crystal ball though so we cant be any more specific than that. You would have to decide whether it is worth your time and effort or not.

1. Sponsored Links