Default Arrest Warrant for Child Support

Hi, I am from Texas. I went to a court hearing today, the father of my child is behind on cs 1800.00 paymets. He didn't show up so they issued a warrant for his arrest. I'd like to know if he still has the right to have possesion of the child as usual (every other sat. 1-5pm) even though he is wanted by the law now. I would rather him take care of that warrant first, instead of getting stopped and taken to jail with my child in his possesion. would i be going against the law by not letting him leave with the child while wanted by police?

Default Re: Arrest Warrant for Child Support

Quote Quoting tina1226
    View Post
    Hi, I am from Texas. I went to a court hearing today, the father of my child is behind on cs 1800.00 paymets. He didn't show up so they issued a warrant for his arrest. I'd like to know if he still has the right to have possesion of the child as usual (every other sat. 1-5pm) even though he is wanted by the law now. I would rather him take care of that warrant first, instead of getting stopped and taken to jail with my child in his possesion. would i be going against the law by not letting him leave with the child while wanted by police?
    Is there a court order for visitation?
    If there is, you have to obey the order.

You can try getting a copy of the bench warrant (it should be in your court case file) and have it ready. Then, when you know that he is going to come and pick up the child, call the police ahead of time and hopefully, they can serve the warrant at that time.
    Be sure though that your child is with a neighbor if possible where he/she will not be able to see what is going on, but close enough that if the police do not show up, can go for visit.

1. Sponsored Links