Default 11 Year Old Girl and 9 Year Old Boy Sharing the Same Bedroom

I have what I hope is a simple question:

My ex has moved into her mothers home from another place without legal notice so I've started a contempt hearing.

My question is this concerning Washington State laws.

At what age (if at all) are opposite sex children required to sleep in different bedrooms? I thought it was around 5 or so, however I have no clue how to search the Wa state RCW's.

Can someone point me to the correct RCW's or at least into the general subsection and I'm happy to dig through them myself.

Thumbs down Re: 11 Year Old Girl and 9 Year Old Boy Sharing the Same Bedroom

There are no such laws.

Default Re: 11 Year Old Girl and 9 Year Old Boy Sharing the Same Bedroom

Quote Quoting Sabre
    View Post
    I have what I hope is a simple question:

My ex has moved into her mothers home from another place without legal notice so I've started a contempt hearing.

My question is this concerning Washington State laws.

At what age (if at all) are opposite sex children required to sleep in different bedrooms? I thought it was around 5 or so, however I have no clue how to search the Wa state RCW's.

Can someone point me to the correct RCW's or at least into the general subsection and I'm happy to dig through them myself.
    What is the EXACT wording of your court order?

How far away did your ex move?

What is the reason ex moved, has ex had an involuntary decrease in income and could not afford to remain in the residence?

How did you find out that ex moved?
    How long after she moved did you learn of the move?

If your court order doesn't specifically state that ex cannot move from present residence to another one within a certain distance without getting permission from you/court, a finding of contempt might not be possible.

In other words, how do you plan to show that ex is in contempt, and what do you hope to accomplish by filing for contempt?

The contempt on the move is clearly stated as per RCW's and is stated in our parenting plan that she cannot move out of of the school district without 60 days advance notice to me, and I have 30 days to reply and refute it or agree.

She moved 28.66 miles without notice from a 4 bedroom farm to a 2 bedroom house with her mother. The move is clear cut as she hasn't changed her job, income, schools etc.. nothing has changed other than she decided to move.

As for the kids they're forced to share a bedroom which I do not know if it's illegal or not here, however it's inappropriate at best as my daughter has begun puberty.

I was looking for the final nail in the coffin so to speak on the contempt charges and ask that she be ordered to move back to the school district within 30 days as she's now had 2 months to save money if that's what she's going to claim as her reason to move.

I really do not know her motivator or what her attorney will tell the courts, as the move should be clear cut enough to bring a conviction, but I was told that all concerns where she's violated the parenting plan should be in this contempt motion as well or I would not be able to use the repeated missed visitation by her in the future.

Quote Quoting Sabre
    View Post
    it's inappropriate at best

The are MANY cultures where the children not only share the same room, but they sleep in the same bed, sometimes this includes the parents as well.

It is only inappropriate if you make it into something it is not.

Thank you very much for your kind advice. I'll mention that I feel it's inappropriate as our culture does not consider this appropriate and leave it at that.

1. Sponsored Links