Angry Father is Avoiding Child And Refusing DNA Testing

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Texas/Ohio

What do you do if the father refuses to take a paternity test because he doesn't want to take on the responsibility of being a father and stays in hiding in another state to avoid the whole situation?

The child and I reside in Texas while the father resides in Ohio. (we met online.. yes i know stupid.. long story.. and we NEVER married.. thank god.) Anyways, he's had a warrant out for the past year or 2 for a previous offense so he's been hiding from the law for awhile now.
    I've filed for child support, which isn't getting anywhere, since he's hiding from the law so they can't seem to contact him. He went from being all about being in his daughter's life yet he can't because he has his 'own problems to deal with' as he says, to, I should just move on (he found a new chick w/ kids he's currently helping in a sense, take care of) since I have a new man in my life who cares for my daughter.
    I'm about to file for full custody because I'm not about to deal with him 5 years or whatever down the line (when he gets his life together.. he has a past of drug use, living on the streets, never kept a job for more than a paycheck) and him trying to take my daughter, which he has threatened to do on numerous occassions.

Should I just cancel the whole ordeal with child support?? Since he clearly stated to me that I need to quit talking to him about this and move on. I realize that if they ever find him he will get visitation which I don't mind but in the end will it be even worth to put my daughter through this mess? A father who only comes around when he wants money from me or whenever he feels like it. I don't think she deserves a come and go father.

Sorry to ask so many questions at once. This has been on my mind for quite sometime and I dunno what to do. The guy I'm currently with (not married) who has been around since I was 6 months pregnant and was at my daughter's birth, is wanting to adopt her. Any advice on what I should do?? Also, I have tried to get the father interested and gave him MANY chances to be in his daughter's life, but everytime it's been an excuse to why he can't.. why he couldn't be there when she was born.. etc. Such a mess I swear.

Thank you though.

Default Re: Father is Avoiding Child And Refusing DNA Testing

When you marry your boyfriend, if the biological father's still not in the picture you will probably succeed with an adoption petition. Unless and until that happens, why would you want to give up any possibility of child support?

Default Re: Father is Avoiding Child And Refusing DNA Testing

I just talked to a lawyer about this and he basically said the same thing. Reason I just wanna give up on the child support, the biological father has NEVER seen nor paid a cent towards his child since I was 3 months pregnant! It's always an excuse to why he can't be here for her, why he can't see her, etc. He's never kept a job for more than a paycheck in his ENTIRE life. He mooches off of any and everyone he knows, seen with my own eyes when I lived with him for just a month. He mooched off of me when he lived with me for just a few short weeks! I would just be wasting my time knowing I'll never see one cent from him, it would more than likely be a family member paying it (his mom usually) to keep him out of jail, that's how it's always been. (really pathetic if you ask me.) In the end, it would be better if he wasn't in his daughter's life knowing he wouldn't have the balls to support her or care because there will always be some 'excuse' to why he can't be there. I don't think she deserves a come and go type of father.

1. Sponsored Links