Default Non Collectible Status/Form 433-F

I have recently been laid off from my job and have been unable to pay my on my tax installment plan. I called the IRS and they have sent me form 433-f to fill out.

My question is: What income do I use when filling out for the wage information since Im unemployed? Would it be what Im getting from unemployment?

Second question: Do I have to mail in a copy of my bank statements? It doesnt say on the form, but from what I have read on another website; it said that the must be mailed in with form 433.

Has anyone filled one these out before? Any tips or advice?

Thanks

Default Re: Non Collectible Status/Form 433-F

Unemployment is not wage income. There is a separate line/box for listing unemployment. If you are umemployed then you have no wage information to list. No, you do not send account statements with the form. The IRS will request them specifically if they question anything you tell them. They can also independently verify pretty much anything regarding bank account information independently themselves.

Thanks for the reply. I own both a car and a motorcycle that are financed. Do you know if the IRS will make me sell the motorcycle in order to put me on Non Collectible Status? Its obvioulsy not a necessary means of transportaion. I have tried selling it already, but I have had no luck.

They cannot make you sell anything, but they can set your payment schedule to them (and any wage levy they may impose in the future) based on the information you give to them. If you had many substantial assets they could confiscate those and auction them off like they did with Willie Nelson, but I don't think you're quite there.

1. Sponsored Links